Has Princess bumped anyone from their cruise?

FunForUs

The problem is, you never know what the highest offer will be. So you need to take the offer when you feel it is a deal you can live with. If you wait too long, you might get a better offer. Or you might be told they already got all the volunteers for move overs that they needed. Tough call.

Quite right. It is not wise to chase after the last dollar because it will never be high enough. If the deal looks right, take it and be happy with your windfall gain.

We had a Hawaiian cruise cancelled for November 9, 2017 due to a change in dry docking schedule. This done about a year before so we were not given anything--just a routine cancellation. Our poor travel agent had a group of about 80 booked on it who had booked during the one-day sale in June. He had a heck of a time rebooking us for the October 25 cruise for those who could tolerate the change as it was treated as a cancellation and rebooking. By booking during the one-day sale, we got some nice perks like only $100 deposit, choice of grats, drinks, obc which they were reluctant to carry over to the new booking. He kept at it working up the food chain and managed to keep all our perks and the same price but not sure if there was a change in price or not. We almost had to cancel because the new date conflicted with another trip we had planned.

Never heard of anyone getting bumped (like United Airlines).

Princess usually does "move over" offers and keep sweetening the pot until someone says YES.

Check out TracieABD's move over offer. It was amazing.

2 cruises in a suite, all her $$ as OBC, air fare charges covered, etc.

I pray every day for one of those.:halo:

I'm hitting the like button on this one!!

Tony

Just got a little concerned when I read on the Celebrity boards that some cruisers were bumped from their Celebrity cruise. My son and daughter-in-law are joining us on a Princess cruise later this year but we booked their cruise months after we booked our cruise so they have a Guarantee rather than cabin assigned.

So my question is: Should I be concerned that they may get bumped? Thanks, Shirley

Not at all. A guaranteed cabin is more like a category let's say. You're still a paying passenger, who's simply awaiting a cabin assignment.

I've never heard of anyone ever being bumped. I have though called twice on two different occasions by Princess, asking if I'd be interested in changing my sailing date for the holiday season due to them overbooking. They've offered me free upgrades and even to sail free. I declined their offers telling them, thank you, but no thank you. I'm a school teacher who needs her well deserved sanity vacation, and I can't because I am working off a teacher's schedule.

The problem is, you never know what the highest offer will be. So you need to take the offer when you feel it is a deal you can live with. If you wait too long, you might get a better offer. Or you might be told they already got all the volunteers for move overs that they needed. Tough call.

Or, the worst possible outcome ... you have to take the cruise you booked. :(

I would look at how far away it is too sailing. In our case, it was 1600 on a Friday afternoon, for a Saturday sailing.

I felt they might be incented.

Princess also offered me an upsell on a BVE. I assumed it was the crack IT department teasin' me.