Suite treats

bosmom

Hello, we are traveling on the Sun this summer with family. We have adjoining suites. The plan is to use the larger one as the "hang out" space. As I understand it, each suite will receive a treat towards the end of the day. I'm guessing the serving size is based on the number of people in the room. Is it ok to ask the Butler to combine the treat onto one plate/tray and only place it in the larger suite? I am not suggesting this to minimize the tip, it just seems silly to have them set up two different places when everything will most likely end up in the larger living room. Thank you.

When we had a family suite on the dawn, we had booked a suite and an interior, and the butler brought enough for all of us. And, she kept track of what we liked (or what my kids liked), so by the end of the cruise she was bringing: the treat of the day (chocolate covered strawberries, canapes, fruit and cheese plate, etc.), a large plate of sandwiches, a large plate of cookies and a bowl of fruit. I was embarrassed by the quantity of food she hauled into our suite, but each day, my herd of omnivores omnivored it.

Thank you so much for the replies. It sounds like we may never need to eat in a restaurant!

You don't.

The butler will bring food from anywhere on the ship and set up tablecloth dining in your suite if that's what you'd like.

Just curious, these suites are connecting? I have only been able to find a 2bd that connects to a mini suite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, they are forward facing. A category SE connecting to a category SB. I think one is called and owners suite and the other is called a penthouse suite.

Oh dear, I just realize I originally posted the wrong ship. We are on the Star not the Sun. My apologies.

Edited by bosmom
Mistake

My famiily had the Owner's Suite and the connecting Penthouse suite. Both receive butler service and the afternoon goodies, but the OS also receives the cookies, gummy bear, m&m's, unlimited water and soda, etc.The OS also has the choice of ordering different liquors which can be done before the cruise. The balconies don't connect. The OS has two separate balconies. The butler indicated that the penthouse guests could enjoy the extra privileges of the OS. Probably not an official policy.

Yes, they are forward facing. A category SE connecting to a category SB. I think one is called and owners suite and the other is called a penthouse suite.

Oh dear, I just realize I originally posted the wrong ship. We are on the Star not the Sun. My apologies.

That answers my question. LOL. I did not think there were any connecting suites on the Sun.

The ship does make a difference. The Star OS are quite nice rooms and you have the large front balcony and a double-wide side balcony.

Thanks for the tip. We too are cruising (on the Sun thou) this summer with an Owners suite and Mini suite connecting. I had a similar question. Appreciate your thread!!

When it's this set up, the mini suite still doesn't have suite perks though. Right? What frustrates me is that we could all be in the 2 bd suite and have the on ship perks, but we booked two rooms for the space for the 4 of us.

When it's this set up, the mini suite still doesn't have suite perks though. Right? What frustrates me is that we could all be in the 2 bd suite and have the on ship perks, but we booked two rooms for the space for the 4 of us.

Correct, mini-suites do not have suite perks.

That was what I took from others replies!!!