RCI dining

2catscruising

there are only two us us cruising and we have reserved early dining but that time is so early. We are wondering how long the wait would be for two dining to try any time dining? We have looked at reservations and it doesn't look like any thing available be for 8:30 pm :(

When is your cruise? There is usually more free space farther from your sail date. Try to call RCCL because they usually can change it for you. Also, be sure to request a table for two early to avoid the risk of being assigned a group table. You can always to the maitre d' on the first day, but your chances are lower if you are new to RCCL.

If you want to do anytime dining you have to prepay gratuities, but I have no idea how long the waits are. We only do assigned dining.

there are only two us us cruising and we have reserved early dining but that time is so early. We are wondering how long the wait would be for two dining to try any time dining? We have looked at reservations and it doesn't look like any thing available be for 8:30 pm :(

We've never had to wait than a few minutes for a table for two between 6:30pm and 7pm. This was on Brilliance and Rhapsody.

When is your cruise? There is usually more free space farther from your sail date. Try to call RCCL because they usually can change it for you. Also, be sure to request a table for two early to avoid the risk of being assigned a group table. You can always to the maitre d' on the first day, but your chances are lower if you are new to RCCL.

If you want to do anytime dining you have to prepay gratuities, but I have no idea how long the waits are. We only do assigned dining.

RC does not require you to prepay gratuities for My Time Dining.

Call RC (or have your travel agent call) and see if you can switch to My Time Dining. Reservations are preferred, but you can just show up and wait to be seated - just like in a restaurant at home. If you cannot switch now, check when you board and they might be able to switch you to My Time.

Call RC (or have your travel agent call) and see if you can switch to My Time Dining. Reservations are preferred, but you can just show up and wait to be seated - just like in a restaurant at home. If you cannot switch now, check when you board and they might be able to switch you to My Time.

We generally make our reservations one day ahead. So, for example, on our way out of the restaurant on Monday night, we will make reservations for Tuesday evening. We like to make sure we can see the shows, and by dinner time, the wait staff usually know the times of the shows the next day, even if the Cruise Compass has not come out yet.

On most cruises that time has been pretty predictable, but there always seem to be one or two days when the show times change, or they just have one. If you are into going to the shows, you don't have to believe them when they say to allow 2 hours for dinner. We rarely go over 90 minutes, and a couple of times, we've been really rushed for time. You can tell your waiter right away that you're in a bit of a rush, and they can get you out in 60 minutes. It's not quite as relaxing, certainly, but it can be done.

We love MTD!