Choosing between Aft C1 cabins on Reflection

BuckeyeMan

Any help on which deck to go for with Aft C1 cabins on Reflection? Deck 9, 10, 11 or 12?

Also do the balconies offer any privacy or can people from able see in to your balcony? Any shade on these balconies?

Thanks in advance for any help on the Aft C1 cabins

Deck 12 has an overhang and you can see down on everyone...I think the service is better the higher you go, but that is from my own experience. There is a small amount of shade on the decks from 11 and down. Again, deck 12 is coveted, but you will have some noise from above. It depends on what is most important to you. Some cabins have larger balconies. Look a the stickie for S class ships. We always do the S1 corner afts...all the way aft. You might be referring to the port side it starboard sides...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're currently on the Silhouette in S1 cabin 1665 on deck 11 and love it. Unless you are standing at the railing, the veranda is totally private, and the room spacious.

We avoided deck 12 because of noise from above, and deck 10 do to window washing equipment right there.

Hope this helps.

We're currently on the Silhouette in S1 cabin 1665 on deck 11 and love it. Unless you are standing at the railing, the veranda is totally private, and the room spacious.

We avoided deck 12 because of noise from above, and deck 10 do to window washing equipment right there.

Hope this helps.

Reflection has the spider on deck 11...However, she is talking about a C1, so there would be no spider...only on the s1 corner aft, deck 11.

We were on deck 12, #2219, which is next to the corner suite, overlooking the wake! The room had noise from above early in the morning and again late at night. (Chairs scraping mostly, sometimes carts rolling)

We were in 2217 (AFT S1) on Reflection and very occasionally would we hear a little noise but loved the location so much that we have 2208 and 2217 booked for future cruises. We heard more noise from the cabin next to us than we did from above LOL!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were on the Silhouette this January in a C1 Aft cabin # 1210 on deck 10. This has a wider balcony as there is a butlers closet next to the cabin. The views were "outstanding" !! However, there is not much shade so sitting on the balcony at times was not that great. There is not much over hang, so you really have to be tucked back on the balcony to have some privacy. A long walk to the elevators, but that was not an issue for us. We might book another aft cabin, but the lack of shade and somewhat privacy might be a consideration.

• 6 months later...
We were in 2217 (AFT S1) on Reflection and very occasionally would we hear a little noise but loved the location so much that we have 2208 and 2217 booked for future cruises. We heard more noise from the cabin next to us than we did from above LOL!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We booked the Corner S1 on Deck 11 of the Reflection because we were of noise that would keep my DH awake if we booked 2208 or 2217, as he's a light sleeper. Now I think maybe we would love this room. And we heard 1665 has the window washing equipment. How bad was the scraping in 2217?

We never had an issue with chair scraping....our neighbors were noisier than any chairs! Seriously though, noise is subjective and the fact that we booked the same deck 12 location again and again should tell you that, for us, noise was never an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the Silhouette this January in a C1 Aft cabin # 1210 on deck 10. This has a wider balcony as there is a butlers closet next to the cabin. The views were "outstanding" !! However, there is not much shade so sitting on the balcony at times was not that great. There is not much over hang, so you really have to be tucked back on the balcony to have some privacy. A long walk to the elevators, but that was not an issue for us. We might book another aft cabin, but the lack of shade and somewhat privacy might be a consideration.

We have had a number of aft C1's on several S class ships and this has been our experience too - not much privacy and lack of shade from the sun or shelter from the rain. As much as we love aft cabins I would think twice about doing it again on an S class - wouldn't hesitate to book one on M class with the nice deep balcony.

As OrdinaryChef points out there is a column of C1's on S class which are wider than the others - but not necessarily the same numbers eg although 1210 is wider on Silhouette the numbering is different on Reflection. Post #10 on this link shows a picture of the aft with numbered cabins - the wider column can be seen on here https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2380249