Just added $200 on board credit to my cabin

New sale started and I just checked online to see that my cruise booked for Freedom December 2017 has up to $300 OBC. The OBC depends on the type of cabin you have reserved.

We happen to have two balcony cabins and one Promenade cabin. The Promenade cabin was $76 OBC but the cabin price went up $60 so we did not call and rebook this cabin. However, our two E2 (hump cabins) price went down again just a tiny bit ($21) but we now receive $200 OBC. I called Crown & Anchor and had a very pleasant lady help me get my balcony cabins rebooked showing the $21 credit plus the $200 OBC.

I just logged into My Cruises and under the Cruise Planner, it now has a big pop up message that "Lucky you! You can use your onboard credit for Cruise Planner purchases. Simply use your onboard credits by applying them to your balance due during your checkout." I don't remember being able to use my OBC prior to the cruise before, but it has been since Dec. 2015 for our last cruise.

It pays to watch the sales continually! I'm doing my happy dance! We had the same OBC two years ago and it isn't very often that they offer this. Hopefully a few more of you are able to get the additional OBC. Good luck!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by trihawks1

It also rules out a lot of people since it cannot be combined with the C&A balcony discount.

I'm so tired of their fake sales.

yeah, I was disappointed to learn this as well. We generally don't book balconies but my SO seems to need fresh air, so balconies from now on it is! But because of this, I've never experienced the "cannot combine with balcony discount" bummer. Oh well, very happy with our next booking but you better believe I'm looking for a price drop too!