Special Needs Gluten Free Diet

We leave Sunday on the Allure and I have Celiac's Disease so I must eat Gluten Free. Today I got an email from the special needs that stated I should avoid the Buffet as they cannot assure no contamination. Interesting as this is a change from our prior cruises. Funny thing is I never eat at the Buffet anyway, but I have never had them tell me not to eat there before.

We leave Sunday on the Allure and I have Celiac's Disease so I must eat Gluten Free. Today I got an email from the special needs that stated I should avoid the Buffet as they cannot assure no contamination. Interesting as this is a change from our prior cruises. Funny thing is I never eat at the Buffet anyway, but I have never had them tell me not to eat there before.

It may just be the shoreside people don't want to commit the ship to anything. I've read reports from people who have talked with the Windjammer Chef and found out exactly what was safe to eat.

My husband is gluten/soy-free. We have had great experiences in the restaurants/dining room; always had someone walk him through what was good or not to order. Our upcoming cruise on Harmony, I want to go to Wonderland. Anyone have experience there with allergy issues? Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't give up on the WJ. When we were on Oasis, they had a completely separate island in the WJ that was gluten free. Minimizes the chance of cross contamination, though can't eliminate it since some people are clueless.

I would check out and see if the Allure has the same setup.