Colosseum skip the line tickets-confused

vickintx

I'm so confused on the official website to buy tickets ahead of time.

I saw adults are 12 euro and ages 17 and under age free.

I have no idea if those tickets are skip the line.

If it's skip the line do we have to pick a certain time too?

Anyone have the official website?

Is this it?

https://www.coopculture.it/en/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We purchased our tix via the above-referenced website. Once we arrived at the Venue, we did wait in a line for approx 10 minutes to get in and then we were good to go. The lines just to PURCHASE tix can be very long, so it is way better to purchase in advance.

Also, after giving all my credit card info, it took a day or so for the tickets to show up via email with a link to click, to print tix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We purchased our tix via the above-referenced website. Once we arrived at the Venue, we did wait in a line for approx 10 minutes to get in and then we were good to go. The lines just to PURCHASE tix can be very long, so it is way better to purchase in advance.

Also, after giving all my credit card info, it took a day or so for the tickets to show up via email with a link to click, to print tix.

We have our tickets and wonder if getting the earphones for the tour will take longer. I think I read that those were available?

We have our tickets and wonder if getting the earphones for the tour will take longer. I think I read that those were available?

Not sure

I don't recall that. But they probably do have earphones, as did all the other places we visited, like the Vatican

So if I want to do the underground is that sold yet for June 8?

Are kids under 17 free too? Just a 2 euro service fee right?

I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. Didn't want to mess up since we have a car for hire that day. Thanks!

So if I want to do the underground is that sold yet for June 8?

Are kids under 17 free too? Just a 2 euro service fee right?

I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. Didn't want to mess up since we have a car for hire that day. Thanks!

I am in the same situation. I contacted the Colossuem and asked this question: From the website, I understand children under 18 are free. I will order the adults tickets online. Would I pick up the children's tickets when we pick up the tickets we ordered online?

The answered I received back was; YES.

Hope this helps. You cannot purchase children tickets online.

Underground tickets for June are not on sale yet, they will go on sale Monday, May 15.

Child is free, but you still need to buy the tickets for the 2 Euro reservation fee.

There must be availability in order to purchase the child tickets too.

Last May the security line was over an hour long for us and we had our tickets already...if you got in in 10 minutes you were very lucky!!

Last May the security line was over an hour long for us and we had our tickets already...if you got in in 10 minutes you were very lucky!!

OMG. We went in October 2015. We were on an extremely tight timeline with our private tour

The whole reason we purchased online was to avoid long lines altogether. Yep, 10 minutes, if that, and we were there by 10 am. Shortly after we left Europe is when all the terror attacks started happening, so it sounds as if security has been enhanced.

• 3 weeks later...

I have adult tickets for Colisseum purchased on line- 5. Official website would not let me order 2 euro free tickets for 3 children st the same time- said it exceeded max. I booked these separately and there is no option to get the tickets. You just get a voucher which has to be handed over on site- presumably so they can check children are actually children?

What I was wondering was how this will affect queuing. Presumably we won't have to join queue to buy tickets?

From a TripAdvisor "pro" thread said free tickets are 12 and under.

I've emailed the colosseum twice. No answer. Their website said free tickets 17 and under. Reduce tickets are 18-25.

I just want to make sure . Don't want my kids not to go in with us

Coopculture, the official web site for purchasing tickets for the Colosseum, says:

Gratuito

• Cittadini sotto i 18 anni della Comunità Europea ed extracomunitari

In English, that's "European and non-European people under 18".

You still need a ticket for each one, even though it's free. There is a service charge for processing the free ticket.

I think I'd go with the official web site over what a TA "expert" thinks.

We just did night tour of colosseum and i highly recommend it. Tour was at 840pm. Group of about 20 people. Given headphones to hear guide. Not crowded at all. Nice and cool. Prepurchase online. And yes, you do have to have tickets for everyone. We saw 2 families very upset because they didn't do this.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

I have adult tickets for Colisseum purchased on line- 5. Official website would not let me order 2 euro free tickets for 3 children st the same time- said it exceeded max. I booked these separately and there is no option to get the tickets. You just get a voucher which has to be handed over on site- presumably so they can check children are actually children?

What I was wondering was how this will affect queuing. Presumably we won't have to join queue to buy tickets?

We just did this today. When you approach the coloseum there was a separate line for people with "reservations". We showed our printed reservation to the person controlling the line and went directly into security which took about 15 minutes to get through. Would have been faster but a tour group in front of us was clueless and and holding things up.

After security we continued over to a window marked "reservations" there was only one person ahead of us and we picked up our tickets in about 2 minutes and proceeded inside.

Just pay attention to the signs and there will be no issues.

So the tickets you buy on the official website is entrance tickets, is that the same as skip the line tickets sold on 3rd party's website?

I'm just seeing the difference between entrance tix vs. skip the line.

So the tickets you buy on the official website is entrance tickets, is that the same as skip the line tickets sold on 3rd party's website?

I'm just seeing the difference between entrance tix vs. skip the line.

Same thing, you just pay more for the 3rd party version. You still wait on a line but it's for security only and everyone waits on the same line, regardless of source of ticket.