Glorious Glory - Or is it? Let's find out together.

Jamericannn

How was the life boat drill? Long/short wait outside, meet in-doors?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The drill was pretty short. It was under the life boats outside. Carnival made some strides there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Day 2 - Sea Day

I thought I was not going to wake up until around 9am because of all the traveling and I went to my bed around 2am for the past 2 nights. I was up by 5:30 and felt energetic and ready to go. I wanted to take a pic of each days sunrise. I went to my mom's cabin and got her because I knew she would be eager to go and start her day. We went straight to the aft on the Lido and waited until the sun started to rise then I snapped a couple gorgeous pics which I will have to post another time when I have better service. After that we went to breakfast. The lines were really short because most people were still sleeping after a long embarkation day.

Here are a couple pics of Day 2's sunrise.

e17fb97bb76a4c7d9acdd377740bd90f.jpgc8dcfb1d1e18a89d24ea90f2740135ca.jpg

We spent most of the day hanging around on Lido, specifically the forward pool area. I did not go in the pool but the rest of my family seemed to really enjoyed it. It was crowded but still a lot of fun.

d2581a7480d9c42bb27324257d7a200c.jpga23c274e8f4627906a0b51344b125a47.jpg3c5e0f1191bbb7b9378d408a32759062.jpg

The hairy chest competition

cae303703a75774260c4b1ee732bb33b.jpgba6bc7f8433d427d0fa4943cb1424c86.jpg

I wanted to grab a Guy's Burger on the first day but the line was wayyy too long for me. When I got the chance to do so on Day 1 I ceased it immediately. Yes, I did lurk around the area to see when it was not that busy. My first (of many throughout the cruise) was The Ringer.

I had to take a bite before I post. I couldn't wait.

e19ce655fad9e5e0a8abca62cf7211b3.jpg

Here are a couple pics of the new waterworks. There were no issues with it throughout the cruise. Day 2 was the busiest time around this area because it was a sea day and most people just wanted to try it out. I like the waterworks area because all family members can come and enjoy together.

A very funny event... A mother came by the waterworks with her little daughter. Daughter was in her bathing suit but the mom was in her shorts and a shirt. She was helping her daughter onto the play area when the bucket filled, flipped and got both of them soaked. She was so frightened she let go of her daughter and screamed. The security guy had to grab the little girl because she ran to the back of the slides giggling. I am not sure if the mother was unaware how far out the water from the bucket spill or if she was just unaware there was even a water bucket. a69dc05f03a68e6b38fb18e663d37c30.jpg70ed7a674a58f3c0d7b2b34fdeebdab5.jpg

I had early dining so about 4:30pm I went and got my daughter from Camp Ocean and we all went to get ready. Of course we were late because these ladies insist they only need 1hr to get ready even though I tell them based on my observation they really needed at least 2.

For dinner I had salmon for the second straight night and I also had lobster.

Do you notice a trend here of my daughter in these photos from day 2?

Her morning pose

97e5a9596bd6a8cd9de208f07c5659d3.jpg

Lobby Moment

129696e9ca5e6cfe99d0e194a375f6bd.jpg

Day Camp

cdf5878521bc92e6cc7186100e54214e.jpg

She loves to be the center of attention.

Dinner

b2932767cf8528abd326b5fa7ebb6ec1.jpg

After dinner we went and saw the Amor Cubans show. It was spectacular.

84fb20ff543a33b0572a9c45ab01cfdf.jpg

5b7a7798eb926e954894372b3cb4f455.jpg

6b6964488c27d17258325cf64e26edfc.jpg

We went to the aftershow in the lobby and then spent the rest of the night walking around and stopping anywhere there is music :).

Came back to the room to a new roommate:

b19feb949ddfd5dfbf49a72cc019b197.jpg

Day 3 - Grand Cayman

This is my least favorite of the four ports we went. The issue was not with GC itself but with the rendering process. I'll explain in the end.

I woke up around 5:30am which is usually the time I would have gotten up for work. My internal clock did not allow me to sleep in. I got out the room and went directly to Deck 10 to get some pics of the beautiful sunrise then head straight down to Lido to grab some breakfast

8c3e9f86384951e46e2b946914e7d063.jpg

The French Toast was really good I had to go back again for about 3 more pieces.

After breakfast I went to the room to take a quick shower and get my things together to get off the ship. Getting off was very fast. This was a tender port so the priority disembarkation came in handy.

Heading to shore on the tender boat.

67083a8bc9d610f99caae6f742f6b9cc.jpg

First land pic

712b03b6ac80a4ed662e24ddd1b7e009.jpg

After just a few minutes ride to land we took a van to 7 miles beach. This is a public beach so it was not as clean as I expected it to be. The water was rough and there were large rocks at the bottom. I still enjoyed swimming in the clear water while watching the little fishes swam around me. Though in her late eighties, my grandma is still very strong and a really good swimmer. However, the waves were too strong for her so she did not stay in the water for too long. As a matter of fact, the wavers shoved her out.

Views from the beach

e2fa263d74ce2e65cd34de4a7a5cff20.jpgbb4995e90c64fdce097e457dadabe78e.jpg

We wanted to leave the beach by 12:45pm because this was a short stop. The ship scheduled departure time was 3pm and the last tender was "supposed to be" 2:15pm. The ride was only 15 minutes back to port but we wanted to get there early in order to get some coconut water and some GC KFC which I heard was really good compared to that in the USA. My group was in the bus by 12:30 with another group but there was still a third group missing. We waited until 1pm then informed the driver that we need to go. We waited for another 10 minutes and they still didn't show up. GC is an hour behind he ship's time and we discussed that in the bus before we got out. We were wondering if the other group just wasn't paying attention to their watches or they did not remember that the time is a hour faster than what their watches stated. We had to leave without them.

On our way back to the port

4752681e54ebd4b1ecc3bd4bde05e80a.jpg

By the time we got back to the port it was about 1:30pm. We ran to get our chicken [emoji846]but did not want to waste anymore time getting anything else. We did not want to have to take the last boat over. We came to the port with our meal and found a seat and ate while some stayed in the line. The lines were super long. This is the longest line I have ever been in my life. It was a mess. To add to that was it was sooo hot.

After standing there for a while with the baby a lady from Carnival came to me and informed me that parents with small children can go up to the gate and board. In informed her that there were 7 of us, including my grandmother whom I didn't want to leave. She said unfortunately only the parents can go. Another lady came to me later and I told her the same thing and she gave me the same answer.

While in the line going back in all directions, I noticed a family member walking up to the gate. One of them had a small baby. I got out the line and went up to the gate. The family and I started talking and I told them the other family member will not be allowed to get in. However, the guy at the gate let them all through. I then went to get my family out the line and we all went to the gate and the man at the gate just asked if we were all together and let us in despite what we were told earlier by the two ladies. We were thrilled and a little upset at the same time. Thrilled that we finally got out the chaos but upset that we could have gotten through a lot earlier but we're told otherwise.

I was sitting beside the marketing manager in the fun shops and she was telling me that Carnival has a new tendering process is new for so they were still learning.

Here is a friend we met in GC

722a6e5e0a26180e40514951b49dc38e.jpg1071cd97bcd067834451722448a142b2.jpg

Back on the ship we spent the afternoon hanging around. Brought the baby to camp while the others went in the slides and hot tub. I went to the bar and walked around a little. By the time I came looking for them they all went to take naps after that but I don't believe in taking naps on cruises once there are activities going on :). They were all asleep when I went to their rooms to tell them to get ready for dinner. We decided to skip the MDR and that was the only day we ate dinner at Lido. I personally prefer to dine in the MDR. The ship left about an hour and half than the scheduled time. I think it was due to the long, chaotic tender process from GC back on. It was very noticeable how fast the ship was moving in order to get back on track.

After dinner we went to the Amber Palace to see the shows then went to watch the comedy show. The comedian, forgot his name, kept the crowd's attention. I did not get some of the jokes because they were about Louisiana and Tennessee which you have to know about those states in order to "get it". From the crowd's reaction though, it was really good.

Party in the lobby was still rocking at 10pm

805b69991bf5f22fe190726987d7e53e.jpg

I stayed there until it was all done then I went to get DD. I was surprised to see her face painted. I cannot imagine she sitting quietly to allow anyone to paint her face, worse a stranger. I liked it though.

1e6dce59ce3f86dd93172d743e3ab6e0.jpg

Following along. The Glory is becoming my favorite ship due to itinerary, convenience and all the glowing reviews it has been getting. My upcoming cruise in September will be my fourth on her, as well as my third consecutive, on her. All to this point have been great. Keep the review coming, your countryman is following along with more than just fleeting interest.

Love the Glory! Been on her twice since 2012. I'm going to have to book another on her soon, still my favorite ship I've been on! I'm curious to know your opinion on the upgrades she got in dry dock. Do you have anyone in your group that will be using Waterworks? If so, how is it? Thanks for all the time spent on the review!

I used the slides on the once and I really loved them. They were fast and a little scarier than anticipated. lol. I brought my daughter to the kids section and she enjoyed it.

LOL I thought it was the little black car at first. I thought. Oh my, that would be a stretch even for me.

I didn't specify which one it is. Maybe it's the small one. [emoji23]

I apologize if this was asked before and I missed it... What is "Pizza Plus" @ Pizza Pirate from 11pm to 1am?

I didn't do any pizza and I wasn't aware of that term. Pizza is available 24/7, even when buffet is closed. You can always call and order for a fee. I believe it is $5

Edited by Jamericannn

Thanks for all the updates, my wife and I are going on the Glory for the Western Carribean on 5/20. We were wondering about the Seafood Shack, is it any good and does it cost extra?

Thanks for all the updates, my wife and I are going on the Glory for the Western Carribean on 5/20. We were wondering about the Seafood Shack, is it any good and does it cost extra?

I had it on Triumph a few months ago and it was great! Does cost extra but is so worth it. It's like 1.50 per oyster and there per lb prices are relatively cheap being on a cruise ship!

Can you tell me about the priority tender process? We all have FTTF for the first time and with 2 tender ports this should come in handy. What is the process. Can we just go down to the tenders and get on? I see in your Funtimes that there is a scheduled time for "tender stickers" at Alchemy bar. Do you have to go and do that if you have FTTF?

SO????? How was the KFC?? I always wonder if it is any good every time I see that place. Lol..

I wish Carnival would build a shaded canopy w/ fans for that wait to get on tender! It is very hot standing in the sun.

Cindy