Glorious Glory - Or is it? Let's find out together.

Jamericannn

We are way too early. It's now 6:09 and the flight doesn't start boarding until 7:30. With NY traffic you never know what to expect especially seeing that we drove from Connecticut so we had to leave a window for delays.

I'm photobombed

ad1de99074cd320204f80653d0b60a23.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I was going [emoji853] Good luck with all the bags! Keep us posted. I seriously need to book another cruise sooner than 2019. I'm already having cruise withdrawals.

I am pretty sure you will go on at least 3 cruises before 2019. Who are you trying to fool? 🤣

Have a nice time. We leave in 85 days on the glory. Were you planning on taking pictures of the MDR menus? If so, would you mind posting them? We are trying to plan the best night to try out the steakhouse, we've never tried it. Also, some pictures of the new "sushi at sea" place would be appreciated.

Thanks all. Landed safely in Fort Lauderdale. Flight got delayed but we are safe and that's all that matters.

Will try to get menu pics. I am planning on dining in the MDR every night.

Airport ride is here13a0b87eb1a91eb8817105e3f0c3bc01.jpg

Most of the luggage for 5. There are 6 women and I am the only man so you know it's going to be a lot of luggages.

5815606b39ecfb9fc7d62afbc3c6cd5e.jpg

I had to laugh when I first saw this post. "Airport ride is here" with a tiny Chevy parked on the street. It looked like you were all going to try to cram into that thing!;p What an adventure that would have been to start the vacation! Then I scrolled down and saw the SUV in the driveway. Crisis averted!

Edited by ddloml
Add more comments

Hey, looking very forward to reading your review of the Glory. I literally just got off of my Glory cruise this morning and I have quite a bit to say about my experiences as well. Spent most of the day sleeping today to get caught up after an early arrival to MIA and trip home today but hopefully you have a great time on your cruise and I cannot wait to read another cruiser's perspective on this ship and cruise itinerary.

Thanks for taking the time to post pix and info. I have sailed the Glory twice in 2004, from Canaveral, luved the ship! Will seem like a new ship to me especially since she just got out of dry dock. Sailing her again in Sept.

Have a gr8 cruise!!

Cindy

DAY 1. I was going to say boarding was a Breeze but that doesn't sound so correct so I will say boarding was so smooth I have to say it was a Glory. We got to the port close to 12pm and by before we completed checking in they called for priority embarking. We walked straight from the counter to the escalator that lead up to the walkway to the ship. I could look down and see those jealous faces of the people who have been sitting there for a while :)

We took our family photo and proceeds to our room. Dropped our bags off and head straight to the Lido deck. Walked around a little (which was a mistake). We should have went to grab food before we walked around. Within minutes the lines were really long as everyone was trying to get some food. I wanted Guys Burger to be my first meal but because the line was so long I had to grab something from the buffet.

We are then went back to our room around 2:30pm. 6 or seven suitcases came (multiple rooms). The only one that did not came was mine. That had me wondering what I had in it they wanted to double check. I was waiting for that call to come down to guest services. :). The call didn't came but the suitcase did a few minutes later. Here is Day 1 fun times

0097f6fb14d7a9c8e015f4f729c61d27.jpg