Jewel 2 bedroom suite connected to minisuite questions

MoyCoy

I'm booked in one cabin with 3 of our kids, DH is booked in a connecting cabin with 2 of our kids, ages 14, 14, 16, 19, 20, and they won't book us in the same cabin (wanted to get the UBP for us and internet for the other, 3/4 sale free is the other promo we chose for north cabins). I talked to 3 people, all said no.

Unfortunately the booking rule of at least one adult per cabin can have bad effects on the promotions. Some savvy PCC's knew how to override the system based on an exemption originally allowed for suite guests in the OP's exact situation. It then became common for people booked in lower cabins to get the allowance, mainly due to promotion problems like you describe. Unfortunately this led to enterprising people finding an interesting exploitation of the accommodation and NCL cracked down on it. I have not heard of any variations allowed in about one year. However, there might still be people sailing this way that booked before the crackdown. I think there also was legal concern about NCL intentionally allowing only minors in a separate cabin, which is quite different legal liability wise than if someone switches the cards and sleep where they want.

At least next year your 20 year old will count as the adult for the second cabin.

Edited by Até

Unfortunately the booking rule of at least one adult per cabin can have bad effects on the promotions. Some savvy PCC's knew how to override the system based on an exemption originally allowed for suite guests in the OP's exact situation. It then became common for people booked in lower cabins to get the allowance. Unfortunately this led to enterprising people finding an interesting exploitation of the accommodation and NCL cracked down on it. I have not heard of any variations allowed in about one year. However, there might still be people sailing this way that booked before the crackdown. I think there also was legal concerns about NCL intentionally allowing minors in a separate cabin, which is quite different legal liability wise than if someone switches the cards and sleep where they want.

At least next year your 20 year old will count as the adult for the second cabin.

Yes, she will be weeks away from being the adult in the cabin, and the free UBP! So neither of us is happy! Lol!

We have a 2bd and connecting mini for myself, DH, DD and my mom. All immediate family and were told there is no way that those booked in mini would get the suite benefits of dining in moderno for breakfast and lunch. Even though all 4 of us could stay in the 2 bd. We booked the extra room and spent extra money to have the space. We wanted the rooms connecting but there aren't suites connecting on the pearl. We just had two 2bd on the jewel and they are awesome. My only question is can you all register in 2bd suite and forfeit the mini with no refund?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unfortunately the booking rule of at least one adult per cabin can have bad effects on the promotions. Some savvy PCC's knew how to override the system based on an exemption originally allowed for suite guests in the OP's exact situation. It then became common for people booked in lower cabins to get the allowance, mainly due to promotion problems like you describe. Unfortunately this led to enterprising people finding an interesting exploitation of the accommodation and NCL cracked down on it. I have not heard of any variations allowed in about one year. However, there might still be people sailing this way that booked before the crackdown. I think there also was legal concern about NCL intentionally allowing only minors in a separate cabin, which is quite different legal liability wise than if someone switches the cards and sleep where they want.

Than there's hope that they will work with me in my situation, if indeed this has happened in the past?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Upselling doesn't affect getting suite benefits, just no extra Latitude points nor the extra free at sea promos. NCL has become very strict in the last year or so regarding minors in separate, even adjoining, cabins. They have not been known to waiver on this recently. The concierge on the ships have dealt with this situation numerous times now. I have no doubt that Bruno will handle the situation to your satisfaction, even how you are currently booked. Just ask and Bruno will get you a card that opens the SC door. He will probably also mark your and your daughter's non-suite cards in their system as a VIP, specifically asking for this may be a little forward/presumptuous. As I said earlier you will meet him at check-in or at Moderno the first morning, just explain your situation that NCL booking rules forced one adult into each cabin and all should go well.

Thank you soooo much for the advice. I leave in 7 days. I will try and put my worry behind me and enjoy our suite! I am grateful the kids were able to come. I have learned still.

This was our first upsell, our first emergecy addition, our first non haven suite. ( we sailed in the Haven last year on Breakaway) And the first time on a jewel class ship.

Thank you CC for helping me wade through unfamiliar waters. This is our third sailing on NCL. I normally sail with Celebrity and Royal. I indeed still have alot to learn about NCL procedures

We have a 2bd and connecting mini for myself, DH, DD and my mom. All immediate family and were told there is no way that those booked in mini would get the suite benefits of dining in moderno for breakfast and lunch. Even though all 4 of us could stay in the 2 bd. We booked the extra room and spent extra money to have the space. We wanted the rooms connecting but there aren't suites connecting on the pearl. We just had two 2bd on the jewel and they are awesome. My only question is can you all register in 2bd suite and forfeit the mini with no refund?

That's a good question. I will ask pcc

That's interesting. The shoreside concierge assured me that because this is immediate family, that we would all enjoy moderno together. Hummmm

Can you break down your experiences with this room setup

That's interesting. The shoreside concierge assured me that because this is immediate family, that we would all enjoy moderno together. Hummmm

I booked this arrangement on the jewel for the pearl. I was told that by both the cruise next person and our concierge

Can you break down your experiences with this room setup

When you walk in the main door there was a door on our immediate left that was the small bedroom and bathroom. Straight ahead was living room/dining room/and bar espresso maker area. Then another door led to master bedroom and bathroom. I have pics of the whole thing if you want. Which room are you. We were 11024 and my mom was 11006 and they were identical

When you walk in the main door there was a door on our immediate left that was the small bedroom and bathroom. Straight ahead was living room/dining room/and bar espresso maker area. Then another door led to master bedroom and bathroom. I have pics of the whole thing if you want. Which room are you. We were 11024 and my mom was 11006 and they were identical

SC is 11530. Benefit wise, were you all able to eat together for room service, embark and disembark together etc. ? We're you only denied dinning together on the Pearl. Who was your Butler?

SC is 11530. Benefit wise, were you all able to eat together for room service, embark and disembark together etc. ? We're you only denied dinning together on the Pearl. Who was your Butler?

The only benefit we were told we wouldn't have for all on the pearl set up was the moderno/cagneys benefit for breaky and lunch. We will be able to embark/disembark together. I do plan on sweet talking and tipping the concierge upfront to see if mom and dd can come in for dining.

The only benefit we were told we wouldn't have for all on the pearl set up was the moderno/cagneys benefit for breaky and lunch. We will be able to embark/disembark together. I do plan on sweet talking and tipping the concierge upfront to see if mom and dd can come in for dining.

I will sail before you..right? I will report back on this thread on my experience so you can have a heads up

I was told that by both the cruise next person and our concierge

This is why I said earlier no one pre-cruise will be able to help you. No one is going to say "Oh, yes" and put that expectation on the concierge. You will get different answers from different NCL people who do not matter anyway, short of going to the top as DMH15 suggested. The concierge on the ship has final discretion on what services he is going to offer your and MoyCoy's non-suite family. So my advice which has worked for myself and others is be nice to him/her and don't go in demanding it.

Edited by Até

This is why I said earlier no one pre-cruise will be able to help you. No one is going to say "Oh, yes" and put that expectation on the concierge. You will get different answers from different NCL people who do not matter anyway, short of going to the top as DMH15 suggested. The concierge on the ship has final discretion on what services he is going to offer your and MoyCoy's non-suite family. So my advice which has worked for myself and others is be nice to him and don't go in demanding it.

Ok so the immediate family isn't a rule but rather up to the individual discretion of each concierge? So this isn't a benefit that I can count on? I was planning on asking our concierge on the pearl to see. When I asked Virginia on jewel if we had that scenario instead of two suites if we could all eat in moderno and she said sorry but no. I am excited to see if it works for the OP

So this isn't a benefit that I can count on?

No, you cannot count on it. Definitely don't go in expecting it as a given. It becomes less likely on the large Haven ships and even less so if it were your buddies in the non-suite. The concierge will consider your request. In my case we all went through the regular non-suite check in due to some in my party being non-suite and the concierge was called over. I explained the circumstances and he pulled my entire family group over for suite embarkation and gave them VIP status and all suite benefits - non Haven ship. Others I have met here on CC and sailings have had similar success on Jewel class ships, again in non-Haven rooms. I do feel the concierge looks over their guests pre-cruise so having good Latitude status with prior suite cruises may help. I also think they are excellent judges of who the tippers are. Try not to be too blatant, I was fairly obvious as I told him I understood this wasn't required of him but would be sure I showed my appreciation for the extra effort.

We were loyal to Royal..but looked for something new. We are platinum on Royal/Celebrity . We sailed in suites on Celebrity.

We sailed suites and minisuites on NCL . We are booked in a suite on the Bliss next year. Our status is only silver though.

Hope my loyalty status does not impair our chances

Hope my loyalty status does not impair our chances

Doubtful, you have at least two prior cruises including a suite. Also, two parents and two kids in a suite with adjoining mini is usually acceptable. It's when you have multiple adults the suite and also adults and kids in the non-suite that it can become a little more difficult. If it's all adults and no kids then forget it. He will probably figure out it was an upsell because of it's oddity, but that shouldn't matter.

New option was presented today by concierge. We could cancel minisuite, switch me and my daughter to suite using kids sail free promo and file for insurance on suite. We purchased Ncl upgraded ins which guarantee 90 percent back in a cruise credit. We my be able to use it on bliss next year. The only tricky part is if there is a glitch with refund

New option was presented today by concierge. We could cancel minisuite, switch me and my daughter to suite using kids sail free promo and file for insurance on suite. We purchased Ncl upgraded ins which guarantee 90 percent back in a cruise credit. We my be able to use it on bliss next year. The only tricky part is if there is a glitch with refund

But it's not costing any more with a chance of gain?