Alaska cruise tour luggage

puli

Has anyone taken as a "go with me bag" anything larger than the suggested 17"

x 14" X 4" bag? We have 2 brand new soft canvass rolling dufflebags that are 20" X 10" X 9" and i wondered if they could fit under the seat on the coach from Anchorage to the McKinley and Denali lodges. The direct to the ship train for 2018 will have all new reclining 2 seaters (no more 4 top tables) so that should leave more room.

x 14" X 4" bag? We have 2 brand new soft canvass rolling dufflebags that are 20" X 10" X 9" and i wondered if they could fit under the seat on the coach from Anchorage to the McKinley and Denali lodges. The direct to the ship train for 2018 will have all new reclining 2 seaters (no more 4 top tables) so that should leave more room.

A quick search found multiple threads on your question.

Here are a few,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2476522&highlight=alaska+cruise+tour+luggage

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2368063&highlight=alaska+cruise+tour+luggage

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2421405&highlight=alaska+cruise+tour+luggage

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1859492&highlight=alaska+cruise+tour+luggage

That size bag will not likely fit under the seat of a motor coach or in the overhead shelf. You will probably need to have them put in the baggage compartment under the bus.

thanks...yes i did a search as well and read all those but still ,especially with the new for 2017 - 2018 railroad seating , wondered if anyone is planning to use a larger "carry with me bag" OR took a bigger one last season. We are trying Not to have a "follow me bag".

Those bags are too large for the space. Imagine the space you have under a plane seat --that's about the space you will have. The early morning pick-ups are a nuisance but are only for a few days --don't forget that the sun rises very early in Alaska.

well if all else fails we will take our 17 X 13 Ricardo spinners..not soft sided and more than 4" deep but they do fit under our commuter airline seats. that means we must take " follow me" bags as well. If we were from the East Coast a 6 AM wake up would be easy since it would actually be 9 AM body time ...but we are from Oregon so only a one hour difference. One reason I picked this tour was it had all mid morning departures...silly me !!!

We just gave our bags to the bus driver when we boarded. He loaded them below. We chose NOT to do the early morning bag pickup. No problem for you if you can't fit them inside the bus....unless you need stuff during the drive.

We just gave our bags to the bus driver when we boarded. He loaded them below. We chose NOT to do the early morning bag pickup. No problem for you if you can't fit them inside the bus....unless you need stuff during the drive.

OH!! so did you bring 2 regular bags plus 2 smaller carry on items?