Wifi questions and CPAP questions

We contact Guest Services and they will have a gallon of distilled water in our cabin and an extension cord for the CPAP machine. My only question is can I pack the CPAP machine in his suitcase? Or should I carry it on? I don't want his suitcase getting flagged and we have to go get it in person on the ship.

We easily wrap it in bubble wrap ... but usually that's the one piece of luggage that always has a note from TSA that it's been checked for our flight both coming and going....Never had it sent to the naughty room. DH's is the older larger one and not interested in carrying it on flights/connecting.

DH always carries his on the plane. It was too expensive to risk it being lost or damaged. It also doesn't count as a carry on piece. Medical equipment is exempt from carry on rules.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Have an upcoming cruise on LOS and inquired about extension cord: I mentioned I needd one in hotel the night prior to cruise and would have no where to leave it while on cruise...couldn't I please bring it as it does not have surge protection. Was told they would just hold it for me and return it after the cruise--bringing extension cords on-board is not allowed. They said they are happy to provide both extension cord and distilled water.

Concerning putting CPAP on floor: you may want to reconsider this as the filter on your CPAP would be drawing air from the carpet and under the bed areas. I'm not sure if RC ships have a drawer in the bedside table but if so, may be able to stack some solid items (i.e. books, etc.) in the drawer in order to "stretch" the top of the bedside table to make room for the CPAP.

Have an upcoming cruise on LOS and inquired about extension cord: I mentioned I needd one in hotel the night prior to cruise and would have no where to leave it while on cruise...couldn't I please bring it as it does not have surge protection. Was told they would just hold it for me and return it after the cruise--bringing extension cords on-board is not allowed. They said they are happy to provide both extension cord and distilled water.

Concerning putting CPAP on floor: you may want to reconsider this as the filter on your CPAP would be drawing air from the carpet and under the bed areas. I'm not sure if RC ships have a drawer in the bedside table but if so, may be able to stack some solid items (i.e. books, etc.) in the drawer in order to "stretch" the top of the bedside table to make room for the CPAP.

I make a little stand from from things in the room. Now I carry hair curlers to make stand from. On Princess and Holland America ,I've brought my own extension cord with no problems . I bought a 3/18 cord and carry in my CPAP case all the time and everywhere we travel.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

DH keeps a plain ol' white extension cord in his cpap case; it's never been a problem. We usually request to use the ship's when requesting distilled water.

Quantum and Anthem are the only ships with a very small bedside shelf. Hopefully the rest of the new builds will have something a little larger.

On Princess and Holland America ,I've brought my own extension cord with no problems . I bought a 3/18 cord and carry in my CPAP case all the time and everywhere we travel.

Princess allows you to bring extension cord (I've done it many, many times with Princess) as long as the cord (or a power strip) is not a surge protector type.

Royal Caribbean's rules state you aren't allowed to bring an extension cord, even for a CPAP. I always keep one in my case too and will have it there when boarding LOS in September. Maybe I'll get lucky and get to keep it with me!!;)

You don't even have to give them advance notice....just pick up your phone once in your cabin and someone from housekeeping will bring a new gallon bottle of distilled water and a heavy duty extension cord...no problem. We've done this several times...DH tends to not want to bring his machine but at the last minute I prevail ;)

Please, call and have this added to yor reservation, the room stewards have way too much do do on embarkation day.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Forums mobile app