What I learned about the Ulimited Soda and More Package on the Regent...

Nashna

We recently sailed on Regal and pre-purchased the Unlimited Soda & More Package. My husband is not able to drink alcoholic beverages; while I do. We debated which package to purchase for me and after using the guide on CC, we both purchased the USM package prior to our sailing. We felt that we both received great value from the package.

Here are a few hints I'd like to share...

* Bottled water is not included. However, the bars are happy to provide you with large to go glasses of ice water.

* The bar staff is great about accommodating your special requests. We asked what drinks would work well as mocktails and were treated to some great options...we had all sorts of frosty beverages typically served as alcoholic. Every request for something more (garnish, fruit in a drink) was always greeted with a smile.

* The bar located aft of the Horizon Court has amazing Bloody Marys. We loved trying the various types on the menu and they were just as good sans booze. On our first visit, we were served the basic drink without anything extra. After that, I asked for all of the extra goodies (olives, celery, etc.). We would have breakfast in the MDR, then go up to the aft bar for a couple of Bloody Marys.

Frankly, this option was a bargain for us. We consumed way more than the $8.05 per day charge for the package. Signing for my alcoholic beverages was no big deal and I saved quite a bit more than if I had purchased the Unlimited Beverage Package.

Edited by Nashna
format

Here are the package details on the Princess website:

Unlimited Soda & More Package $8.05 per day Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package, entitling you to unlimited fountain soft drinks, plus mocktails, juices, and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge.

Package is NOT available for purchase on Ocean Medallion™ voyages.

I have frequently commented that I feel the Unlimited Soda & More package is one of the best values to be had onboard. Happy you enjoyed it and that it worked out so well for you. I too like a good Bloody Mary and it's one of the drinks that isn't really much different in taste in a non-alcoholic version. I had quite a few of them when I purchased that package one time as a trial. :cool:

It must vary from ship to ship because on our last cruise on Caribbean Princess we purchased soda and more package and when we asked about other mocktails available we were told the only ones that were available were the ones in the bar menu and if my memory serves me right there was only 4 to choose from.

It must vary from ship to ship because on our last cruise on Caribbean Princess we purchased soda and more package and when we asked about other mocktails available we were told the only ones that were available were the ones in the bar menu and if my memory serves me right there was only 4 to choose from.

That is total BS on the part of the bar staff. Any cocktail can be made non-alcoholic. I don't ask what is available. I order what I want and they happily make it and just leave out the alcohol. I would have complained to customer service. Some bartender is badly in need of training.

That is total BS on the part of the bar staff. Any cocktail can be made non-alcoholic. I don't ask what is available. I order what I want and they happily make it and just leave out the alcohol. I would have complained to customer service. Some bartender is badly in need of training.

I agree..we asked and they gladly provided whatever requested. The bar staff was great.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums