Considering Oasis Class - unsure...

We finally tried Oasis class last January (Allure). We had a boardwalk balcony second from the last aft (10327). It was nice, still had a decent view of the water. I would have NO desire for a central park balcony. No view of anything but restaurants and a few people wandering around. And the cabins across from you...... It didn't feel anymore crowded than any other ship for the most part though. We did enjoy all the dining options.

We have no burning desire to go on Oasis class again, but primarily because of their limited ports and usually more expensive prices. The ship itself was fine but all the bells and whistles aren't that important to us.

I'd pick Oasis class over Quantum class. It is less crowded, has more space near open pools, has very nice and unusual area like Central park.

We enjoyed Allure much more than Anthem, although Anthem has a great solarium, but Allure has huge whirlpools hanging over the ocean.

Before we sailed on Harmony in November (not Oasis, but the same class) our favorite was Freedom. We just loved the size and layout of the ship, not to mention our first cruise on her we had one of the best CD's in the business (Richard Spacey). Then we sailed Harmony and loved it. We never felt crowded except for Muster Drill and sometimes coming out of a show from the main theater. There are just so many common areas on the ship that it makes it not feel so crowded. We only did the Windjammer twice (avoid it on embarkation at all costs).

As for cabins, we chose a Boardwalk cabin on deck 11 far enough back that we could see the ocean and thankfully the abyss didn't block our views. We were high enough up to not have any noise issues either, especially with the door closed.

We are booked on the Oasis in a little over 2 weeks, and can't wait!

Interesting. Nellie's Beach over the water cabanas are still showing as $495 for our September Harmony cruise.

OH! I was just going by a comment I think I saw in the destination forum. hmmm, maybe they are still at $495? I was there last march (13 months ago) and they had recently gone up to $495. I was hoping they didn't stay that high for long - but looks like they have?