nOOb Question - Formal Nights

Thank you! That link is lovely!!

To clarify my 2nd question - how formal is formal - i.e. for a woman - would a smart pant suit be acceptable? Or a skit and nice top? I don't see cocktail dress in my future..... ever!!

There is no enforcement of suggested dress, so you can wear whatever you want.

To clarify my 2nd question - how formal is formal - i.e. for a woman - would a smart pant suit be acceptable? Or a skit and nice top? I don't see cocktail dress in my future..... ever!!

You will fit right in. There are lots of women that don't wear dresses.

The link mentions that some European cruises might have 3 formal nights. Is there any way to know if our cruise will? We are on the June 15 and June 27 Vision out of Amsterdam.

The cruise line does not publish the formal night schedule. The only way to have an idea is to find a review and/or compass posting of the same exact itinerary on the same ship.

I wore capri length slacks and a blouse with some sequins and it was acceptable

We're going on our 2nd RCL cruise the end of May. I have a couple of fancy dresses I wore on our last cruise for formal nights, but just wanted something new. Went to Steinmart last evening and picked up a pair of ivory sparkly evening pants and a beaded top. I think it was $90 for both. Best part? Pants are super comfy -- stretchy with elastic waist. Perfect in case I eat too ouch earlier in the week, plus very easy to pack. Barring any huge weight fluctuations this outfit will stay in my wardrobe probably forever! Pretty sure they will come out again for New Years Eve.

imagejpeg

We both enjoyed dressing for dinner on our last cruise. It added to the fun and sense of specialness. Just pick things that are also comfortable and thankfully there are a lot of options out there.