Upgrading from Classic to Premium drink package

Phaedra_11

There is no advantage to upgrading in advance of your cruise. You can buy the upgrade for the same price from any bartender, bar waiter or guest services once you get on board. Given the new policy that you can just pay the difference if the drink you want costs more than your classic package limit, you may find that you don't need to pay $11.80 a day....in fact, you may find that your desired liquor or drink is actually included in the package on your ship/cruise.....it's pretty inconsistent across the celebrity fleet, in fact it's sometimes inconsistent across bars on the same cruise/ship.

Better to wait to upgrade unless you are trying to time foreign currency conversion rates.....

I had the option to upgrade online with reservations that had Celebrity OBC. With no OBC or only TA OBC, the option to upgrade didn't pop up (just the option to buy the package at full price). They are working on upgrading the site as we speak - maybe they will add that.

Thank you for the responses.

In my cruise planner there is a button that says something along the lines of you can upgrade your beverage package. When I click on that option it shows the premium package with the correct upgrade price of $10 plus gratuity ($11.80 per day)

I can't seem to find this. Can you direct me to where to find this please?

It may be worthwhile to wait until you are on board to upgrade. On our last cruise, our sommalier at dinner offered us 2 for the price of 1 upgrades from classic to premium.

Wow, that's great! That would be nice...

I can't seem to find this. Can you direct me to where to find this please?

I have a few bookings. I have the upgrade option for one and it is really obvious at the top of the drink package section and the other cruise doesn't have the option at all. Maybe it is hit and miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you upgrade with a bar server or bartender on the first evening they will be your best bar server the whole week. That is because they get a cut from your upgrade. In December the bar server who upgraded us started it the next full day and whenever we were in his area he ran over to take our orders.

It may be worthwhile to wait until you are on board to upgrade. On our last cruise, our sommalier at dinner offered us 2 for the price of 1 upgrades from classic to premium.

Awesome! What ship were you on?

If you upgrade with a bar server or bartender on the first evening they will be your best bar server the whole week. That is because they get a cut from your upgrade. In December the bar server who upgraded us started it the next full day and whenever we were in his area he ran over to take our orders.

I had much the same experience in January on the Eclipse. Given that and the chance of a two-for-one upgrade, I suggest you wait until you're on board to upgrade.

We found that there really wasn't a need to upgrade both of our drink packages this past January since one of us was fully satisfied with the selections from the Classic Package. The other one of us was partially satisfied with the selections on the Classic and only upgraded when they were finally looking for drinks that only existed on the Premium Package. As others have said it is Super easy to upgrade while onboard so no need to rush spending money that you may or may not need to spend!