What to wear to breakfast?

lottielane

Hi 1st time cruising and I can't seem to find an answer, to the dress code for breakfast if you don't eat in the buffet do you need to wear long trousers and collared top for men? Could you wear shorts and t shirt in the main dining room for breakfast and lunch or is there somewhere else that does breakfast on the oceana. Thank you.

I wear to breakfast whatever I'll be wearing that day. If it's a beach day, my husband will be in shorts and a t-shirt and I'll probably be wearing a sun-dress. The only rule during the day as far as I remember is that you're not allowed in your swim-suit / wet clothes! The main dining room is good for breakfast - a big choice and food is much better cooked than in the buffet. You also miss all the hassle of finding your own table and queuing up. Cafe Jardin is open for breakfast too but has a pretty limited choice and my OH likes his full English when he's on holiday.

This is copied from the P&O web site

During the day you can wear exactly the same as you would on any other holiday. Casual shirts, shorts, trousers and beachwear are ideal. For going ashore and walking on deck, flat comfortable shoes are a must. You will also need a lightweight jacket or coat for cool evenings and occasional showers. Don't forget sun protection cream, a sun hat and sunglasses as the sun is much stronger at sea.

I would avoid beachwear in the dining rooms and you must cover up if using the buffet and shirts that look like vests ( no sleeves) might not count as casual shirts ? Shorts are OK

Thanks all, we would normally wear sundress and t shirt and shorts in hotels on holiday, and wouldn't go in swimwear, good to know we don't need to dress "up" then change again for the day at hand!

You will probably be surprised how casual it is onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I always think that the dress code during the day is very much the same as any decent hotel when you're abroad. We too thought that it was going to me mega forma every evening and that I'd have to dress like Mrs Bucket half the time, but apart from the formal nights it is pretty much smart casual.

Have a great time

I wear to breakfast whatever I'll be wearing that day. If it's a beach day, my husband will be in shorts and a t-shirt and I'll probably be wearing a sun-dress. The only rule during the day as far as I remember is that you're not allowed in your swim-suit / wet clothes! The main dining room is good for breakfast - a big choice and food is much better cooked than in the buffet. You also miss all the hassle of finding your own table and queuing up. Cafe Jardin is open for breakfast too but has a pretty limited choice and my OH likes his full English when he's on holiday.

Good answer.You could always order room if you fancy a lie in.

^Well I'd hope you'd at least put something and not answer the door in the all together.

;)

Well sometimes you need more than two hands to get the tray and hold the door at the same time [emoji102]

Well sometimes you need more than two hands to get the tray and hold the door at the same time [emoji102]

I always hold the door with one hand and the tip in the other hand while the waiter puts our breakfast trays on the table.

Definitely no vest tops for men in the MDR at breakfast although strangely women can.

I saw two men asked to change their vest tops when on my last cruise on Arcadia at breakfast.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

Probably because a lot of women wear them and they look nice but vest tops on men look like gym wear.

I always hold the door with one hand and the tip in the other hand while the waiter puts our breakfast trays on the table.

Best to give him the tip on his way out in case he drops the tray.