Aft facing balcony

We did an aft facing balcony on Serenade a few years ago and we would definitely do it again. The only thing is you don't get to see where you are going, only where you have been LOL. Having an aft balcony on the radiance class ships is nice because it's definitely not as long of a walk if you were on the Oasis, Quantum, or Voyager class!

I wish i could have grabbed an aft on Jewel for our TA next year but there was only 1 left on deck 7 that i opted against because of the club downstairs. As for soot, I've had a deck 8 corner on Adventure, and deck 9 aft on Freedom and soot was little to no issue for us.

I was able to score an aft facing balcony cabin on Brilliance. I had this on Jewel and thought it was amazing. Yet it is my experience that it is less expensive than other balcony cabins of the same class. Is there some reason for that or is it just part of the vagaries of cabin pricing?

We spent 29 days last fall in an aft cabin on Radiance, deck 9 (we didn't want to be directly under the Windjammer or Solarium as the staff starts rolling carts around, moving tables & chairs and getting ready for the day around 4:00 in the morning). We didn't mind the long walks to/from the cabin. We also didn't get any soot on our balcony. The only time we weren't happy being in the aft cabin that high up was when we left New Zealand and hit very heavy seas the last 2 days. There was definitely no sleeping or you'd have gotten thrown out of the bed. We spent those days down on Deck 5 where the ship definitely didn't move nearly as much.

We just left the Rhapsody yesterday and were in 8096. Great balcony and nice size cabin. Had two loungers with pads, a table and three chairs. I can tell you though, that you will not need an alarm clock when you are pulling early into a port. HUGE vibration when the thrusters are going.

We also just got of the Rhapsody on the 29th and had the aft balcony 8600. Huge area with lots of seating. Enjoyed the view but the vibrations were sometimes way too much. A vibrating bed is nice for some activities :D but not necessarily while you are sleeping. VERY pronounced on this ship and maybe being 20 years old is the reason why.

Skip

We try to sail in an aft cabin any time we cruise. We love the larger balconies and the fabulous views as you sail out of port. We have had minimal issues with soot, which was quickly cleaned up.

We are booked on Radiance later this year in 1100. I sure hope we don't have similar issues on this New Zealand sailing (we sail in November).

The superstructure obstruction is on Voyager class and Freedom class ships. The aft cabins on Radiance class ships are beautiful. We have JS 1100 booked for Alaska for next May.

Can you expand on the superstructure obstruction? We have an aft balcony on Navigator's 10th deck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app