Grand Turk...at the port

Funny, we have never done that in our 7 or 8 times we have stopped there. Most of the time the port area is what we wanted...... Only on the last trip where the weather was so so we walked down to Jack's where you run into a dead end (the commercial pier). Have you been into town on GT? We have been to Provinciales (sp?) but not other places on GT.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When I visit the islands I like to give back to the people ,not some implant from another country. I walked to town a few times ( it's a long walk ) and found better shopping and prices with the locals than at the port. Several bars with good food and decent prices with a roof over them and cleaner by far than Jacks. A member of our group ate at Jacks and contacted food poisoning from that nasty grill. Jacks is over rated. .

The 1st time we stopped in Grand Turk, we just went to the beach next to the ship - it was crowded & very rocky.

The 2nd time, the boys went scuba diving, we girls went horseback riding with Sunset. We met up at Jack's Shack, where we had jerk chicken, fries & drinks. Loved watching Topher dig in the beach. Had a great time & would happily go again.

Argggh, only 4 people per cabana? We will have a party of 5. Is it a nice swimming pool?

We had 7 people in our cabana! They don't stop you from having other people there with you. My son is a swimmer, so he likes having the fresh water pool for awhile.

Here's what it looks like. Our cabana was right behind me in this photo, about 20-30 feet back.

_MG_7423_zpsxbxq8bdm.jpg

When I visit the islands I like to give back to the people ,not some implant from another country. I walked to town a few times ( it's a long walk ) and found better shopping and prices with the locals than at the port. Several bars with good food and decent prices with a roof over them and cleaner by far than Jacks. A member of our group ate at Jacks and contacted food poisoning from that nasty grill. Jacks is over rated. .

Went there a long time ago and it was fairly cheap, this trip it was not so much......close to Margaritaville prices.

Went there a long time ago and it was fairly cheap, this trip it was not so much......close to Margaritaville prices.

Most people miss the sites and shopping areas in Cockburn town if they just hang around the port areas . All those little bars around the port are expensive and under Margaritaville influenced prices. I bored of those places long ago.

We were just there in April and loved it....except it was Good Friday and they can't serve alcohol until after 6 pm on Good Friday - all aboard was 3 or 4. LOL. Oh well.

The water is beautiful - a great beach to swim at - a good pool to get the salt water off - and lots of fun. I think if we go back we will rent a golf card though - and go explore a bit more.