Cruiseboy in Hawaii ~ Live from Radiance of the Seas (5/5/17)

Erik,

Awesome pictures. We missed seeing a lot. Just didn't have time when we went in 2015 on Radiance

Thanks for the memories

Mahalo :D

I missed a lot on this trip as well. Simply must go back. I'm actually thinking about planning a non-cruise trip to Kauai, possibly next year or the year after.

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

The next day in Hilo, Kyle was our guide once again. Can't stress enough what a great guide he was in Kona and Hilo. Took us to all the popular spots in Hilo: Liliuokalani Gardens, Rainbow Falls, Volcanoes National Park (of course), Thurston Lava Tube, Mauno Loa Macadamia Nut Factory, and Richardson Black Sand Beach.

HI Eric been quietly following along and I enjoyed reading your report. Quick question. On the road to Hana are there places where I can turn around if I am not comfortable with the twists and turns? I keep reading that it's kind of a scary road and since I'm not a big fan of driving on twisty mountain roads on the side of the cliff was wondering if it's worth going only part way and being able to stop somewhere and go back down if and when it gets too crazy? Thanks

HI Eric been quietly following along and I enjoyed reading your report. Quick question. On the road to Hana are there places where I can turn around if I am not comfortable with the twists and turns? I keep reading that it's kind of a scary road and since I'm not a big fan of driving on twisty mountain roads on the side of the cliff was wondering if it's worth going only part way and being able to stop somewhere and go back down if and when it gets too crazy? Thanks

Hi!!!! Yes, absolutely. Lots of opportunity to turn around. I will say, the road is a lot smoother than it was 20 or so years ago. Lots of people and tours only go one way. there is about a 5 mile stretch where the road is not paved and lets just say "interesting". Photos on those coming soon. You have to have patience with the Road to Hana.