Cruiseboy in Hawaii ~ Live from Radiance of the Seas (5/5/17)

For my day in Kona, I organized a snorkel tour with friends and a few people on the CC roll call. I booked with Island Wide Family Tours (part of MaryLou's Big Island Tours) MaryLou's son Kyle (who owns Island Wide) was our guide and he was awesome. Very knowledgeable, extremely friendly and helpful. Kyle met us right at the tender pier, went for a nice scenic drive, spent a good 45 mins to an hour at a coffee plantation, a quick photo stop at Kealakekua Bay and then to Honaunau Bay (2-step) for about an hour of snorkeling. Then a few other stops here and there including a lunch at a local fish shack. If you're traveling to Kona for the first time, MaryLou's and Island Wide is the way to go. If snorkeling is not your thing , Kyle also does the same tour without the snorkeling with a few extra stops.

48d42e03ad478463250ad55bb13d5a55.jpg

Hi Eric. I had asked earlier but you must have missed it. Where/landmark or hotel, did you enter onto Waikiki beach? Loving your great photos.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi Eric. I had asked earlier but you must have missed it. Where/landmark or hotel, did you enter onto Waikiki beach? Loving your great photos.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi, sorry I missed your post. I personally accessed Waikiki Beach from Duke's and Hula Grill. There is also an entire stretch along Kalakaua Ave that is open and completely accessible to the public

fd374f3750062a38f4463fa3a4783fb3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Erik,

I had asked you a question about your cabin, but maybe you missed it. I'm in 3038 for an Alaskan cruise on Radiance in August, so I wonder if you could tell me something about it? Any problems (noise from the theater above, noise from the elevator, anything about the layout or view from the window, just general stuff) or good points about the room. I'd really appreciate any info you can share.

BTW, loved the review and all the pictures; makes me wish maybe I had chosen Hawaii instead!

Erik,

I had asked you a question about your cabin, but maybe you missed it. I'm in 3038 for an Alaskan cruise on Radiance in August, so I wonder if you could tell me something about it? Any problems (noise from the theater above, noise from the elevator, anything about the layout or view from the window, just general stuff) or good points about the room. I'd really appreciate any info you can share.

BTW, loved the review and all the pictures; makes me wish maybe I had chosen Hawaii instead!

Had zero issues whatsoever with cabin 3038. Zero noise .

Layout is that of a balcony cabin which is great. I personally feel like it's more

Spacious

Keep in mind, this is an adjoining stateroom so you will see a door but not a peep from neighbors

85d5f7bacd5d3061604550338881c10f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums