Cruiseboy in Hawaii ~ Live from Radiance of the Seas (5/5/17)

Thank you everyone for following. I hope you enjoyed the photos. I'd be happy to answer any questions. I plan on booking the May 2019 sailing as soon as it opens for booking. Hopefully I can squeeze it in my cruising budget.

My next "big" adventure (aside from a couple of Caribbean sailings) will be next year on Celebrity Constellation, Greek Isles and Israel .

a3220da20a8329585feac1af640f3b71.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Erik,

I've posted this question to you a couple of times already, but it may have gotten lost in-between all your gorgeous photos. Anyhow, I hope the 3rd time is the charm, as I think I'm 1 post short of being an official stalker!

To recap, I'm staying in the same cabin as you (3038) on an Alaskan Radiance cruise this summer, and I just wondered if you could give me any information as to convenience of location, potential noise problems, any problems with the cabin itself, etc.

Thanks!

Erik,

I've posted this question to you a couple of times already, but it may have gotten lost in-between all your gorgeous photos. Anyhow, I hope the 3rd time is the charm, as I think I'm 1 post short of being an official stalker!

To recap, I'm staying in the same cabin as you (3038) on an Alaskan Radiance cruise this summer, and I just wondered if you could give me any information as to convenience of location, potential noise problems, any problems with the cabin itself, etc.

Thanks!

Sorry about that. I did answer you, post 296

Had zero issues whatsoever with cabin 3038. Zero noise .

Layout is that of a balcony cabin which is great. I personally feel like it's more

Spacious

Keep in mind, this is an adjoining stateroom so you will see a door but not a peep from neighbors

85d5f7bacd5d3061604550338881c10f.jpg

Loved this cruise so much, I'm doing it again in 2019 (travel budget willing ) . Price IS higher than what I paid for the 2017 sailing, hopefully I can make it work financially.

My fate here is with the price drop gods [emoji33]

Same stops just a slightly different order . Also 12 nights

04348d1aa1412e1a11c3e6666263160f.jpg

I'm so sorry--I don't know how I missed your answer! Thanks for reposting the info--I was a little worried that the noise from from the theater above on deck 4 might come through, so you've eased my concern.

I can't wait to board for my own cruise to Alaska, but your gorgeous photo review has started me thinking seriously about a return visit to the Radiance for a cruise to Hawaii.....

Thanks again!

Thank you for a wonderful review. Hawaii has never been on my short list of places to go (unless it's on my way to Australia) but i definitely appreciate being able to see it thru the eyes of others. You photographs are spectacular. Thank you!

Great review. Hawaii has just jumped up my list.

Flights from Scotland will be expensive though and long.

Hi bigeck,

We did a Hawaii trip from UK. Yes, expensive, but we picked up a cruise ship package that started from SanDiego. Of course we had several days at sea before we reached Hawaii but that might be one way to go. Hawaii is worth it though and the photos from Cruiseboy are magnificent.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi bigeck,

We did a Hawaii trip from UK. Yes, expensive, but we picked up a cruise ship package that started from SanDiego. Of course we had several days at sea before we reached Hawaii but that might be one way to go. Hawaii is worth it though and the photos from Cruiseboy are magnificent.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A couple of lines still offer the Hawaii sailings from the West Coast. Not really something I would be interested in. Not enough Hawaii for the amount of days. I do enjoy sea days but that's way too many IMO.

A couple of lines still offer the Hawaii sailings from the West Coast. Not really something I would be interested in. Not enough Hawaii for the amount of days. I do enjoy sea days but that's way too many IMO.

Royal did these Hawaii RT's in 2006-2008. A lot of people liked them, but for a 15-day cruise, we had 5 days in port and 10 days at sea. We did this itinerary 4 times, and it's a LOT of sea days. :eek:

Royal did these Hawaii RT's in 2006-2008. A lot of people liked them, but for a 15-day cruise, we had 5 days in port and 10 days at sea. We did this itinerary 4 times, and it's a LOT of sea days. :eek:

And I'm sure these sailings weren't cheap and of course one of those stops was Ensenada :rolleyes:

True. But you have the opportunity to meet some VERRRY interesting people. :cool: :D :halo:

NRayH (Vision 2004)

After 6 Ta's sea days are a good way to relax.

The flights are the worst bit. Glasgow to Vancouver is just over 9 hours direct.

I don't work that long in a day...

We have Ex booked to Alaska and the first P Coastal. Pricing both trips, Hawaii is around £1000 cheaper and that includes 2 nights in Honolulu and 2 nights in Vancouver.

Decisions, decisions

Loved this cruise so much, I'm doing it again in 2019 (travel budget willing ) . Price IS higher than what I paid for the 2017 sailing, hopefully I can make it work financially.

My fate here is with the price drop gods [emoji33]

Same stops just a slightly different order . Also 12 nights

04348d1aa1412e1a11c3e6666263160f.jpg

I just booked this today which is why I was reading your review!

SaveSave

After 6 Ta's sea days are a good way to relax.

The flights are the worst bit. Glasgow to Vancouver is just over 9 hours direct.

I don't work that long in a day...

We have Ex booked to Alaska and the first P Coastal. Pricing both trips, Hawaii is around £1000 cheaper and that includes 2 nights in Honolulu and 2 nights in Vancouver.

Decisions, decisions

When looking at flights, have a look at Hawaiian Airlines also. I've seen some pretty good prices.

If you're referring to 2007, "interesting" is not the word I would have chosen. :eek::D

No, I was referencing (affectionately) 2004, when we first met you and Pete. We did not do that sailing in 2007. Sounds as though we really missed something (someone) different?

NRayH