Do we have to reserve MTD in advance?

Djaesmom

First time cruiser, Oasis of the Seas in Aug. and I'm a little confused about the dining options. I'm concerned that if we reserve in advance we may not be hungry, or we may be starving, by the time of our reservation. I'm also worried that if I reserve in advance, there may be an evening that we will feel like eating somewhere else. If we show up without a reservation, what are the downfalls? Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First time cruiser, Oasis of the Seas in Aug. and I'm a little confused about the dining options. I'm concerned that if we reserve in advance we may not be hungry, or we may be starving, by the time of our reservation. I'm also worried that if I reserve in advance, there may be an evening that we will feel like eating somewhere else. If we show up without a reservation, what are the downfalls? Thanks !

You will get your best answers on the Royal Caribbean board - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

We opt to never pre-book dining times with MTD....the nightly flexibility is what MTD was actually aimed for when RCI first implemented it...and we prefer to keep it that way.

We never have to wait more than 5 min for our table for two...or a table that will seat how ever many extended family members are cruising with us.

Don't feel pressured into pre-booking times not necessary at all.

As mentioned you do not need to reserve MTD in advance - it is an option that would assure the times you want if you want to set them. You can also make reservations on board, change those you already have, or just walk up. As a courtesy to the staff if you make a reservation but decide to got to a specialty restaurant instead, you should notify them of the change so they can free that time up and not be holding a place for you.

Unless you are a LARGE party (more than 4), there's little need to reserve. If you will be dining during the popular times (6:45-7:45 or so), you will simply show up, and be seated at the next avail. table. Larger parties are harder to see, so it's a good idea to give them a "heads up". You can book times once onboard, if you feel the need.