New Carnival Development on Grand Bahama Island

stobe1

I read about this on the Holland America board. I agree with AtlantaCruiser72 about this news

I think this will be more akin to Amber Cove, Harvest Caye, Grand Turk, Mahogany Bay, Falmouth, etc - it will most likely only be used by Carnival Corp ships but all food and beverage will be pay for use and operated by "local" vendors. This appears to be the way forward for "private destinations".

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Does not matter to me. Hate Nassau. It is a dirty city. If we ever have to go back to the Bahamas anywhere I will gladly stay on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Grand Bahama is the island where Freeport is located, NOT Nassau. Nassau is on a different island. Just FYI.

While a lot of people don't like Freeport my DW and I have a nice routine and we make it a beach day. I think this will really be good for thing for both Grand Bahama and Carnival and I look forward to traveling there.

We love Freeport. Plenty of options if you are prepared to a little research. Unless you prefer to stumble off the ship onto dry land and have lots of tourist amusements within feet of you. Not really a fan of these phony, tourist areas they keep building to keep cruisers close by and not actually exploring the places they go. Went to Roatan in February and got the heck away from Mahogany Bay as quick as possible and had a marvelous time exploring a beautiful, diverse country. Grand Turk is a bust on land, but snorkeling and diving are excellent.