LIVE! First time on the Allure of the Seas - May 7, 2017 Eastern Caribbean

Tonight we have reservations for Blue Planet, but it conflicts with The Quest! Has anyone seen Blue Planet? I've never missed a Quest ....[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, we just booked the Allure for march 2018 on Sunday, and I was searching to find info on the cabin we booked, and it's the same one you're in! So am looking forward to, hoping, you'll be posting photos of the cabin and your opinions about its location, etc.

Thanks very much for your live feed. Enjoy your last day!:)

My gosh Robyn, you couldn't have Ordered better weather and Seas this week. I'm envious and can only hope for similar for our June 18th Sailing.

Last October (Oasis) we departed FLL when Hurricane Matthew was wreaking havoc in the Caribbean, but it had little if any impact on our Cruise, so you just never know.

Again, I'm enjoying and look forward to your Reports.

We are on the same cruise!! I'm getting excited!!

I'm in the DL for another 15 minutes, then heading to Chops for dinner..... you should really pop in here so we can clink a few glasses [emoji41]

So, this is probably a stupid question, but, what's DL stand for? I'm enjoying your report although I need to get caught up!!

I believe it stands for Diamond Lounge (for Diamond and above Members)

We are on the same cruise!! I'm getting excited!!

So, this is probably a stupid question, but, what's DL stand for? I'm enjoying your report although I need to get caught up!!

A few items, Robyn please post a couple of photos of the DL, I haven't been on the Allure since the DL was on Deck 6, also we had sailed together on the Freedom.

For those of you that have a problems with bugs, don't move to SC, we have poisons snakes, alligators, geckos, bugs galore, and my least favorite the dreaded palmetto bugs.

What a trip, I think I got a sunburn;), (I wish) . Looking forward to your last day and final thoughts. I am curious about the Diamond Lounge, I have finally reached that status but I guess hadnt really thought about any special lounges(silly me). Does it offer any specials or is it just a more private venue? Thank you for your thoughts!!! Happy Sunny Day

For those of you that have a problems with bugs, don't move to SC, we have poisons snakes, alligators, geckos, bugs galore, and my least favorite the dreaded palmetto bugs.

Same here in Florida, my yard is full of lizards and since it's so dry out my house seems to be full of palmettos!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Same here in Florida, my yard is full of lizards and since it's so dry out my house seems to be full of palmettos!

Well Robyn, that's the end of our dreams to ever get the families to move south! [emoji15] [emoji220] 🦎[emoji220]

Well Robyn, that's the end of our dreams to ever get the families to move south! [emoji15] [emoji220] 🦎[emoji220]

After yours, and then my own Palmetto bug experience, it doesn't look at all likely! [emoji15]

Hi, we just booked the Allure for march 2018 on Sunday, and I was searching to find info on the cabin we booked, and it's the same one you're in! So am looking forward to, hoping, you'll be posting photos of the cabin and your opinions about its location, etc.

Thanks very much for your live feed. Enjoy your last day!:)

The cabin is in an outstanding location, it is literally right there behind the elevator bank. There is absolutely no noise (and no walking!).

We are 3, and had the sofa converted to a bed each night, and there's still room to walk around it to the balcony. Of course it is a tighter space for 3 adults but we are managing just fine [emoji106] I could also fully unpack each of us, and we do not pack light, especially me!

I'll try and remember to take a few photos after the cabin attendant services it this morning.

Robyn:

When/where was the 2/$10 tshirt sale & if you went how insane was it?

Also, how was Chop?

Thanks [emoji846]

The 2 for $20 T-shirt sale was on the Royal Promenade on the first sea day. I didn't go in the morning, I waited until late afternoon and there was still a great selection. If you cruise a lot, you'll see the same shirts they have been offering for the past 2 years [emoji30] I prefer white T shirts and there's only one style that says Labadee (and I have it) so I didn't buy anything.

Chops was good. My experience with Chops on the Freedom in February was outstanding. Hands down the best steak I've ever had. This time, while the steak was cooked perfectly, it lacked flavor. The appetizers and sides were very good. The service the first time was very good, but the service last night was lacking. For me, I don't take these things too seriously, I enjoyed both meals and would eat there again.

A few items, Robyn please post a couple of photos of the DL, I haven't been on the Allure since the DL was on Deck 6, also we had sailed together on the Freedom.

I'll take some pics of the DL this evening. The location is amazing for me, it's about 15 steps from my cabin door [emoji6]

I visited Hilton Head a few years ago and there were warning signs everywhere around our resort about alligators in the area! My DH was worried every time he went to get the car! As for the palmetto bugs, no thanks! I have had a few run ins with those big buggers in Florida [emoji30]

What a trip, I think I got a sunburn;), (I wish) . Looking forward to your last day and final thoughts. I am curious about the Diamond Lounge, I have finally reached that status but I guess hadnt really thought about any special lounges(silly me). Does it offer any specials or is it just a more private venue? Thank you for your thoughts!!! Happy Sunny Day

It's been a fantastic cruise, I've really loved the experience of a new class of ship. I will post my final thoughts/opinions/ comparisons later tonight.

The Diamond Lounge is a great place to have a few drinks and relax before dinner. There aren't any specials, you can enjoy the drinks listed (I'll try and find my list). There are also hot and cold snacks. The bar servers are terrific and I usually try and tip for each drink, or I'll bring in tips on the last night to give to my server/bartender.

Thanks for following, it's hot and sunny again, and I'm headed to the pool deck very soon! [emoji41]

Noooooooo! Not the palmetto bug!!!! [emoji15][emoji15]

I can semi tolerate the lizards....

The 2 for $20 T-shirt sale was on the Royal Promenade on the first sea day. I didn't go in the morning, I waited until late afternoon and there was still a great selection. If you cruise a lot, you'll see the same shirts they have been offering for the past 2 years [emoji30] I prefer white T shirts and there's only one style that says Labadee (and I have it) so I didn't buy anything.

Chops was good. My experience with Chops on the Freedom in February was outstanding. Hands down the best steak I've ever had. This time, while the steak was cooked perfectly, it lacked flavor. The appetizers and sides were very good. The service the first time was very good, but the service last night was lacking. For me, I don't take these things too seriously, I enjoyed both meals and would eat there again.

Thanks Robyn. Thats funny you buy white shirts & I always buy darker. Theres one shirt im looking for as my old one got a hole in it.

So between Freedom & Allure, which do you prefer? Im thinking either for next May.