Balcony guarantee assignment?

uptowne001

The price just dropped on a cruise I have booked for the beginning of June so I decided to upgrade from an ocean view cabin to a 2A balcony guarantee. There are no cabins showing available in this category, and there haven't been for a while (I check the inventory often). Is there any hope of being upgraded? Or do they just not show all their inventory? I will be fine with a 2A but of course would welcome an upgrade! Also, for those who have done these before when is your cabin typically assigned? TIA!

We have experienced almost instant cabin assignments, by instant, maybe a day or two and it might be that we are last minute bookers so they may have all there ducks(cabins) in a special data base.

Agree - everytime I've booked a guarantee, I've usually been assigned my cabin within about 72 hours (at most).

That being said, I have been upgraded a few times (e.g. once booked oceanview guarantee and ended up getting a balcony room); while other times I got a maybe not so desirable room within the guarantee category that I paid for (although not the best outcome, I was obviously still fine with it because that's exactly what I signed up for - and I saved over $500pp!)

I have received assignment as soon as within a hour of booking a guarantee. On my next cruise I was booked OV, category 6, no perks. A wonderful price came along with two added perks. I did the math, and it made sense. Unfortunately, I had to give up my great cabin and go into the guarantee pool. They assigned me a category 6 within the hour. My cabin was still available, so made the phone call, and alas back into my favorite cabin that I had to give up. Check often!

Thanks all!! I was assigned a 2A stateroom yesterday, but then a family veranda guarantee came up, so I switched to that, and am waiting to be assigned!

WOW! Lucky you!!! Congratulations. Please keep us posted.

• 9 months later...

I switched to a an Aqua Class Guarantee today for no additional money and they gave me the second perk that I did not have, so I chose to have the gratuities with my drinks as this cruise is 12 days and that makes the most sense. I was hoping for the possibility of getting something more but alas....it wasn't meant to be and I was assigned my A2 within four hours of booking the guarantee. I'm still happy because I get access to Blu and Persian gardens Blu for breakfast is great when I mange to get up early enough to have breakfast.

Still happy regardless.......awesome feeling.

The price just dropped on a cruise I have booked for the beginning of June so I decided to upgrade from an ocean view cabin to a 2A balcony guarantee. There are no cabins showing available in this category, and there haven't been for a while (I check the inventory often). Is there any hope of being upgraded? Or do they just not show all their inventory? I will be fine with a 2A but of course would welcome an upgrade! Also, for those who have done these before when is your cabin typically assigned? TIA!

This maybe a silly question but how do you check for inventory?

Thanks

We waited about a month to be assigned a guarantee inside, but when prices dropped we upgraded to a guarantee balcony for $100 CAD. That guarantee was assigned in a week and we were able to change within the category to a more desirable location. No perks involved since the cruise is a TA. We are watching prices to see iif Aqua comes down, but I'm not holding my breath! We are happy with what we have.

Sheila