Thinking of NCL Getaway Sept 1.. Weather that time of year?

A Google search of weather for your ports (for example, "September weather Tallinn" , or whatever other ports you are going to) will get you the factual, historical data, not the anecdotal info your broad question will get you.

Plus, we don't know what ports you are going to.

Comparing NCL Getaway to Regal Princess is an entirely different, far more complex question, for the simple reason few people have sailed both, and a truly microscopic number have sailed both in the Baltic. I would be reading reviews on both ships, and doing some research on the NCL and Princess boards.

I've yet to sail the Baltic [35 more days to go!!] so I cannot comment on the weather other than the fact that comfortable temperatures for sitting outside is a very personal matter. I prefer the cool weather and have been swimming outdoors on a transatlantic crossing in January; some others thought I was crazy and wouldn't even go outside for a quick cigarette without a heavy coat on. I cannot imagine Sept temps would be so uncomfortable, even in the Baltics, that you could not go outdoors to sit for a while to read, etc. Not sure about sunbathing though if that is what you are into.

However, I have sailed the Regal Princess and the Norwegian Breakaway [which is the *almost identical* sister ship to the Getaway] so we give my 2 cents on that aspect of your question.

Both are newer ships [i think Getaway is a year or two older than the Regal but that's a negligible difference] and quite large. We prefer the Princess product overall as the included food options are far better and the decor is more upscale [at least in appearance] compared to Norwegian. That said, the Baltic itinerary is chiefly about the ports so the decor of the ship and the food may be of less importance here than somewhere like the West Indies. We had a similar choice to make for our trip this June but ultimately chose Holland America Line as we really like their product and their ships are much smaller [really mid-size but compared to Regal or Getaway they are downright tiny with less than half the passenger count haha]. I would say itinerary would be paramount in making a choice. If both are equally acceptable, perhaps look at price and choose the one you are most comfortable paying. If itinerary and price are equal [or close], I would prefer Princess but you may not. If you have a family with younger children, NCL may well be the better option.

looking for some travel tips for that time of year? i believe 2 sea days.. Will we be able to sit outside or too cold? Was comparing getway to regal princess baltic?

Well this Scandinavia and the weather is quite impossible to predict, even for 1-2-3-4- days ahead.

It is simply not possible to tell today if the weather in September will be warm enough for you to sit outside.

It could be warm with nice sunny weather or it could very cold and rainy, or it could be somewhere in between.

You should bring layers no matter which month you sail.

If the itineraries are identical (and most Baltic cruise itineraries are very similar, with a few having extra overnights in Stockholm and/or Copenhagen) the other thing to keep an eye on is which cruises dock directly in Stockholm. If you don't dock directly in Stockholm, you will miss a beautiful sail in in the archipelago, and need to take a train or bus 40 minutes (I think but it could be an hour) to the city. I'd check both the cruise itineraries (if you don't dock directly in Stockholm you will dock in Nynasham. When I was looking into this issue, someone stated that due to the slow passage through the archipelago, you have less time in Stockholm when you dock directly in the city. I was traveling with a 3 year old, so this was important but it might be less important for your.

In general, the ship you choose is less important than the itinerary and price on the Baltic cruise since you will be more tired from touring and not have as much time to appreciate a ship's bells and whistles than when you sail in the Caribbean, and both of the ships you are considering are newer and have strong reputations- we did this cruise on the NCL star, which is much less nice than either of the ships you are considering and were perfectly happy.

Well this Scandinavia and the weather is quite impossible to predict, even for 1-2-3-4- days ahead.

It is simply not possible to tell today if the weather in September will be warm enough for you to sit outside.

It could be warm with nice sunny weather or it could very cold and rainy, or it could be somewhere in between.

Exactly! In the middle of last week I was wearing a winter coat and wool tights. On Saturday, I was wearing a light jumper and bare legs.