Ft. Lauderdale Hotel Help

cruisingbarb

Last time we stayed at the Hyatt Place Hotel for a decent price. Right now, it's way more than we want to spend. Our budget is in the $125-150 range (including taxes). We will have one full day in Ft. Lauderdale and the main thing we want to do is take the riverfront cruise. It was easy from the Hyatt Place Hotel but if we need to stay a little further way, any suggestions for hotels in our price range and how would we get to where we catch the riverfront cruise?

Easter is April 1st of 2018 so you are a bit early for the school spring break crowd, but still in high season. Book something now that you can live with and keep shopping. www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel and tourist info. :)

Heya! I love Fort Lauderdale, so envious at you visiting.

I stayed at a really lovely guesthouse, little bit in land but only a small walk to the front. Should be a cheaper option!

Could not recommend enough, more photos and details here: http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2017/01/07/fort-lauderdale-airport-to-the-port-of-miami/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry, but your budget is unrealistic for those dates. If you had a car, you might find something west of the city and port. That's peak spring break for many families. So raise your budget now and book something as John has suggested. Rates will only go up and vacancies will become more limited.

Research, come back and ask for opinions of the hotels you come up with. Know that uber is well priced in Ft. Lauderdale.

We stayed at The Holiday Inn Express on SE 17 St. We were there in November and the price was within your range. Lot' of places within walking distance. They have an airport shuttle if you are flying!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just looked on Orbitz and the only hotels in your range are either far away or in neighborhoods I wouldn't recommend. You might have to find a way to squeeze a little more out of your budget. Good luck.

Check valuetrips.com you will get the Hyatt Place Convention on 17th Street, prices for 2018 should open up next month.

Altho a great place to book Hyatt Place for the best pricing, it will run around $229 ( give or take) plus taxes. Certainly not close to the OP's present budget.

Altho a great place to book Hyatt Place for the best pricing, it will run around $229 ( give or take) plus taxes. Certainly not close to the OP's present budget.

True enough, however, March is high season, I don't think their budget is realistic for that time of year.............this will certainly give them a decent hotel in a nice area....

We really like Hyatt Place on 17th. Very friendly, nice rooms and good location close to dining and pre-cruise shopping.

Since it can be expensive during the peak cruise months, we use our Hyatt points here (we get the points from our credit card). You might look into this option.