New to the Penthouse Suites

FlotationDevice

We've vacationed on Oceania's Insignia and Regatta in years past. Next week we embark on Nautica for a post-retirement vacation, and for the very first time we're splurging on upscale accommodations. The PH Suite includes many features and amenities to which we're not accustomed, and we don't want to look back on this splendid cruise and think "If I'd only known!"

Can anyone here provide some guidance?

THANKS!!

You know it's your once in a life time trip---If you can afford a PH Suite go for it and never look back. Enjoy the time you have within your limits. Just read the list next to PH Suites and you'll see what you get---and the Butler will help you get what you want on the ship. A lot of people say they don't use the cabin/suite-they hang around the ship or go on tours. We'll we use the suite we get and the day you don't want to tour you have the best place with the ptv of your suite. Do what you want, not what I want or anyone else.

The Penthouses are gorgeous and supremely comfortable for a couple, yet I would suggest that their greatest asset isn't the posh layout.

What I wish that I had known my first time around was that the Butlers are much more than glorified Cabin Stewards.

I'd suggest that you think of your Butler as your personal Oceania Ambassador. They know how to get things done, and their job is literally to never let the Passenger hear the word "no".

My greatest mistake was in telling the Butler how to do things, rather than asking how he would handle the situation.

Ask instead, you'll be a happy camper... ;)

One of the perks of a PH is the ability to dine en suite from any restaurant (course by course). So if one night you are tired from the day's activities and do not want to go to the restaurant or cannot get extra specialty restaurant reservations, you can dine leisurely in your PH (in your robes, if you wish). Also, you can get canapes in the afternoon, if you wish.

Enjoy your special cruise.

Thanks for this info. We are on O for the first time in December and we are traveling in a PH. I think we will take advantage of the dining en-suite option, and will certainly ask our butler to do what he can to take care of our typically late morning breakfast requests. Thanks again.