Freedom or Allure

Looking at an 8 day on Freedom or a 7 day on Allure.

The islands are very similar and we have been to them all so they are not a big deal in our decision.

The 8 days on Freedom will be an inside cabin, but $500 less going to

St Maarten, St Kitts, San Juan, Labadee

Allure will be a boardwalk balcony $500 more. Going to

St Thomas, St Maarten, Nassau

The question is: is Allure worth $500 more for a balcony, but with 1 less day?

Both itineraries are pretty bad. If you have already been to those islands and want to go that route again, I'd go for the ship and do Allure. $500 more isn't that much money.

Edit: I guess I have to take that back. St Kitts is a good stop. They have good beaches, the brimstone fortress, the batik shop and the volcano hike. I actually really like San Juan, but most of the things that are neat about it cant be done on a port stop and are easier to do when San Juan is your departure port, like the rainforest, the bio-bay, Vieques island. So that's why I say the itinerary isn't good, because you can only go to the forts once or twice before you don't want to get off the ship anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is hard to compare any regular ship with Oasis-class ships. You are comparing inside to interior view balcony (again, hard to do)

Try a per-day price comparison and amenities comparison

Flip a coin. Pretend it is a final decision. The ask yourself if you are happy with that choice.

You will receive some perks with your boardwalk balcony.

Neighborhood amenities

http://www.******************.com/2016/01/26/royal-caribbean-offering-complimentary-perks-neigborhood-balcony-staterooms-oasis-class

The new EAT • DRINK • PLAY complimentary amenities offer guests in Boardwalk balcony staterooms

Complimentary meal for four at Johnny Rockets.

Complimentary Royal Refreshment soda package for two guests.

Exclusive rock climbing wall experience for the entire family

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For me, if I can't sail in a balcony cabin, I won't sail. So, Allure would be my choice and worth the $500 extra. The Allure is a beautiful ship as is Freedom, but I like the layout of Allure better.

Lots more choices on Allure also. Good luck with your choice. Either way you will have a great cruise.

Tough one. With Freedom you get the extra day.

With Allure, you get the mega ship with amazing shows and activities. If you cruise for the ship and don't mind it being large, I'd go for Allure. The balcony staterooms look fun and are different (we're trying if on our next cruise). Haven't been on Freedom but have been on other Royal ships. you can't go wrong either way.

Let us know what you decide.

Having sailed both ships - my vote would be for Allure. I like many of the features the Oasis class ships have that Freedom don't.

Not that it would offset even a small part of the cost difference - but keep in mind a boardwalk balcony does include a few perks (soda package for 2; meal at Johnny Rockets; and private rock wall climbing session).