The Promotion that Won't Die! - Venting

I'm getting super annoyed with the drink package "promotion" that's been going on for over 3 weeks on my cruise. Since I'm sailing in a Sky Class suite we get internet included in our cruise fare. I know the game here, you're not getting the voom for free, you're paying for it as part of the full onboard price now demanded for the drink package. I want to purchase the drink package, but I refuse to pay for something that I'm already getting!

I've called resolutions multiple times about this and they've told me that there is nothing they can do, the drink package isn't being offered alone without the voom "promotion". They can't override the "promotion", but each time they've told me that the "promotion" would be ending within the next day or two. It keeps getting extended! It's getting to the point that seeing those fools taking a selfie on the drink package advertisement is making me insane!

If the drink package went up to shipboard prices by itself then I wouldn't be nearly as enraged. I would just be mad at myself for not buying it sooner and now having to pay the price for my inaction. Knowing that instead I'm paying for extra voom I won't be using just is pushing me over the top. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thanks for letting me vent. I know how ridiculous this really is in the grand scheme of things, but i feel a little bit better now :halo:

I always pay for an extra device when we sail Sky and Star Class, even though we get 1 code per person. When doing my Live Reviews I despise having to log off and back on to switch from my IPhone to IPad when I leave the cabin. It also makes for quick photos transfers through Airdrop.

Maybe you want to do the same and you have a justifiable reason to get the zip and stream.

I'm getting super annoyed with the drink package "promotion" that's been going on for over 3 weeks on my cruise. Since I'm sailing in a Sky Class suite we get internet included in our cruise fare. I know the game here, you're not getting the voom for free, you're paying for it as part of the full onboard price now demanded for the drink package. I want to purchase the drink package, but I refuse to pay for something that I'm already getting!

I've called resolutions multiple times about this and they've told me that there is nothing they can do, the drink package isn't being offered alone without the voom "promotion". They can't override the "promotion", but each time they've told me that the "promotion" would be ending within the next day or two. It keeps getting extended! It's getting to the point that seeing those fools taking a selfie on the drink package advertisement is making me insane!

If the drink package went up to shipboard prices by itself then I wouldn't be nearly as enraged. I would just be mad at myself for not buying it sooner and now having to pay the price for my inaction. Knowing that instead I'm paying for extra voom I won't be using just is pushing me over the top. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thanks for letting me vent. I know how ridiculous this really is in the grand scheme of things, but i feel a little bit better now :halo:

It is not ridiculous for you to be upset with nickel/diming and a confusing array of non-deal deals. This is just one of the many reasons why seasoned cruisers move on from mass market lines to the premium/luxury segment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On my cruise planner today I saw one with Voom and one without so maybe yours is coming.

It's getting to the point that seeing those fools taking a selfie on the drink package advertisement is making me insane!

:halo:

LOL Those people look obnoxious. They annoy me too. haha I did get that package though. The 20% off with no Voom is back for my cruise at the end of May.

Edited by tarpon6

We are right there with you, I have been checking daily for that deal to go away and bring back the 20% off the drink package as we are in a suite as well and don't really care to have more then 4 internet codes between the 4 of us. The deal finally came back today for the 20% off just the beverage package for our cruise at the end of May and i made sure to book it right away as I have lost out on "deal glitches" in the past. Hopefully it shows up for yours as well. :)

It finally happened on my cruise too. Now they're offering the 20% off deal or the voom bundle. RCL gets my money and I get to indulge. Win, Win. :) Thanks everyone for putting up with the rant!