Book on board vs Go Best

Airportlimbo

I've crunched some numbers and want to know if I am missing something, because it doesn't seem like a good deal to book on board.

We get the value out of the go best package (we use internet, we drink the premium beer, etc) so this isn't a discussion on if these perks are worth it.

This is a 10 night cruise, so there would be an additional $100 OBC per person that would be irrespective of the perks picked if booked on board. Even so, that still makes the Go Better Bev+Internet $176 more per person than the Go Best package.

So... have I missed something here?

Thanks!

34584749155_d1849ee9b5_b.jpg

Ok, I think I have a better understanding now. There was a mistake in my original sheet, so it looks like the best deal is to do the Go Better (Internet + Bev) and upgrade the Bev, and pay for the Gratuities.

Thanks Jelayne!

1) Can you upgrade to the premium drink package before sailing (website or TA)?

2) Do you know if you can book 2019 cruises on board? Or do we need to book a 2018 cruise on board?

2a) If we have to book a 2018 cruise on board, when can we change our booking to the 2019 cruise (we know what we want to sail on)?

34424967262_0653a35e3f_h.jpg

Ok, I think I have a better understanding now. There was a mistake in my original sheet, so it looks like the best deal is to do the Go Better (Internet + Bev) and upgrade the Bev, and pay for the Gratuities.

Thanks Jelayne!

1) Can you upgrade to the premium drink package before sailing (website or TA)?Yes, I usually do this.

2) Do you know if you can book 2019 cruises on board? Or do we need to book a 2018 cruise on board? You are able to book any released itinerary

2a) If we have to book a 2018 cruise on board, when can we change our booking to the 2019 cruise (we know what we want to sail on)? As of yet, I have not had to change a booking so I cannot answer this one.

34424967262_0653a35e3f_h.jpg

Hope this helps.

If the cruise you want to do is available for booking then you can book it on board, doesn't matter if you sail in 2018 or 2019.

If the itinerary is not open yet for 2019 then you can book a 2018 or 2019 cruise as a place holder until more sailings are released, probably November/December this year. Once released you can transfer your booking to the cruise you want. You would not lose the additional on board credit for booking on board but keeping any other perks will be dependent on what is offered for the new cruise.

The beverage package can be upgraded pre cruise or when you board.

2a) If we have to book a 2018 cruise on board, when can we change our booking to the 2019 cruise (we know what we want to sail on)?

If you book on board, the On-board booking OBC remains if you use that reservation number to change to a different cruise....,however, the amount of that perk will change to match what the OBC would have been had you purchased the new cruise on-board. Sounds complicated, but really not. If you book a 2 week cruise which would get you $250 OBC and change to a transatlantic cruise, the $250 would be reduced to $100 which is the OBC that would have been offered had you booked the transatlantic cruise when you were on-board. Similarly, if you booked a transatlantic and were given the $100, and you changed to a 2 week cruise in Europe, you would now get $250 OBC.

Other perks don't transfer...you get whatever is offered when you change to the new cruise.'

Note: to get the OBC transferred, it has to keep the same booking number...just make sure your TA knows that you want to transfer, not to make a completely new booking.