FYI for Those who set up Meet and greets

Pearl64

I handled the information for the Meet and Greet for our cruise on the Marina which ended May 1. I gave my paper list to the Concierge to set up the time and date plus issue invitations. The ship would like the list sent to them electronically. I had my information set up in an Excel spreadsheet. The Concierge said it is much easier for them to print the invitations. It does make sense. My file was on my laptop which I did not bring on the cruise. But, something told me to email the list to myself. Thank heavens I did that. Just an FYI for those handling the information for the Meet and Greet.

Patty

This must be new to send the list ahead of time

I gave my list to the Concierge on boarding day somehow he lost it but I had the list on a memory stick

we finally had the M & G a day or so before the end of the cruise

Good thing we arranged to meet up the 1st night on own own

I did all this on the first day. I did not know the email address of the Concierge until I was onboard. Sorry, your list was lost but you had your Meet and Greet even though late in the cruise.

Patty

I wonder if you can contact them before. I'm might try for my Cruise. Will let you know if it works. Our Roll Call wants to meet before the end of embarkation day because many have arranged private excursions with others on our Roll Call. Our back up is to meet at 4pm at a selected location on our own.

I wonder if you can contact them before. I'm might try for my Cruise. Will let you know if it works. Our Roll Call wants to meet before the end of embarkation day because many have arranged private excursions with others on our Roll Call. Our back up is to meet at 4pm at a selected location on our own.

I contacted customer care, and they transferred me to the special requests (?) dept, who told me no, it has to be done onboard. I did contact the Concierge upon boarding, and did get Horizons set up with the placard, etc, and waiters, and munchies, but no invites. IMHO an embarkation day meet and greet is very difficult. I did ours at 18:00 (right after the emergency drill), and out of 40 signed up, only 15 showed...most said they were just too pooped. They are fun though!

I contacted customer care, and they transferred me to the special requests (?) dept, who told me no, it has to be done onboard. I did contact the Concierge upon boarding, and did get Horizons set up with the placard, etc, and waiters, and munchies, but no invites. IMHO an embarkation day meet and greet is very difficult. I did ours at 18:00 (right after the emergency drill), and out of 40 signed up, only 15 showed...most said they were just too pooped. They are fun though!

I figure out of 40, 15 is good. Maybe have an informal M&G on embarkation day and then set up a M&G through Concierge for later in the cruise. I may suggest that to my Roll Call. Thanks for this info.

I've always contacted them on board and given the concierge two print-outs of the list at that time -- one alphabetical, one by cabin number. No one ever expressed a preference for being informed electronically, although I would be happy to do so if that is their wish. As Lyn said (I think it was Lyn), maybe this is new.

On one cruise a member in our group was on the cruise just before ours, so I emailed her the list and she gave it to the concierge. In that case they had plenty of warning as opposed to when I come on board and ask for a venue as soon as possible. Usually that's been a day or two into the cruise, once on the day we left. But in that case our TA notified the ship and they told us to be at Horizons at our desired time (before the drill). We didn't need invitations, of course, which made it easier for the ship staff.

Mura

I have done several for embarkation day I just let the Concierge know we will be meeting after Muster drill so they have bar staff

If you want invites (not embarkation day) just provide the Concierge with a list of Passengers surnames & cabin numbers

He will check with the F & B manager & they will let you know when & where the M & G will be held

they will set up an area for you

i-qQr4HHn-M.jpg

If we spend the first night at the port of embarkation, would Muster be that day or second day prior to leaving port. We will be spending the first night in Venice. I can't remember how it worked on our previous O cruises when we stayed in port the first night. Thanks.

Simon

If we spend the first night at the port of embarkation, would Muster be that day or second day prior to leaving port. We will be spending the first night in Venice. I can't remember how it worked on our previous O cruises when we stayed in port the first night. Thanks.

Simon

In our experience muster drill is on the day the ship sails

so in your case day 2 of the cruise

Our March cruise had the muster on the second day, before leaving Buenos Aires.

I also handed the concierge our list on the first day. He arranged the date, place, and time (as usual, first sea day in Horizons at 11:00 a.m.). We had a very nice turnout and even though O does not "go overboard" with the setup as some other cruise lines do, it was well worth the trouble! Very pleasant to bump into fellow CCers around the ship!