Luggage Fitting Under Beds on Oasis

First, please accept my apologies if this has already been covered and I simply missed it.

My family is sailing on the Oasis of the Seas on April 1, 2018 (only 324 days to go!) and we are upgrading our luggage. I read on an older review that the hard-shelled luggage may not fit under the beds like the softer-sided luggage. Does anyone know this for sure? I'd really appreciate some feedback as we have already purchased one piece of hard-sided luggage and are looking to purchase more. Thanks in advance!

Thanks, Bob; your reply makes sense. There are four of us in the cabin and we are going to do our best to minimize our luggage. I prefer to go with softer-sided luggage myself as I think it will be easier to nest the luggage together and then "stuff" it under the bed. I wanted to get some input so that I could convince my husband that we needed to get the soft-sided luggage.

I've found it helpful to lift the bedframe a bit and then sliding the luggage under the bed. Sometimes the luggage won't clear the bedframe even though it clears the mattress.

I've had no problem storing 2 large soft luggage under the bed. Never had a need to lift the bed frame. Also, on Oasis class, I've seen Paxs store some of their luggage on the CP balconies.

I have a very very large hard shell suitcase that when closed does not fit under the bed. However, if I leave it opened flat and put other bags, dirty laundry, etc inside of it and then push it under the bed it works quite well. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Three 26"×18"×12" hardside rollers and one full-size garment bag fit under our OV balcony cabin bed with ease. Also, since we always fly in, I recommend this medium sized bag as you can pretty much stuff it and it's nearly impossible to go over airlines 50 lb limit. The 29" bags are >50 lbs way before they are full. Big bags seem like a good idea but they will cost you in the long run.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

First, please accept my apologies if this has already been covered and I simply missed it.

My family is sailing on the Oasis of the Seas on April 1, 2018 (only 324 days to go!) and we are upgrading our luggage. I read on an older review that the hard-shelled luggage may not fit under the beds like the softer-sided luggage. Does anyone know this for sure? I'd really appreciate some feedback as we have already purchased one piece of hard-sided luggage and are looking to purchase more. Thanks in advance!

Ours fit 27 inch hard shell.

I have a very very large hard shell suitcase that when closed does not fit under the bed. However, if I leave it opened flat and put other bags, dirty laundry, etc inside of it and then push it under the bed it works quite well. [emoji4

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh! So brilliant! :)

I've found it helpful to lift the bedframe a bit and then sliding the luggage under the bed. Sometimes the luggage won't clear the bedframe even though it clears the mattress.

My husband has a large hard sided suitcase for his dive gear. He has to do what DonnaK suggested, but then the bag fits under the bed.

We have hard shell luggage and it fits under bed fine!😃