St. Lawrence River

ladymadeline

We took a fabulous Regent Seven Seas cruise a few years ago from New York to Montreal, which only whetted our appetite for the St. Lawrence. Can anyone recommend a cruise that is more in depth of the seaway?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did a six night cruise on the Canadian Empress a few years ago. It is a small ship with a friendly crew. The food was very good. They are docked each night. Their home port is in Kingston, Ontario. We would cruise with them again. This ship is not as upscale as Regent Seven Seas, however.

You can find out more at www.stlawrencerivercruise.com

We did a six night cruise on the Canadian Empress a few years ago. It is a small ship with a friendly crew. The food was very good. They are docked each night. Their home port is in Kingston, Ontario. We would cruise with them again. This ship is not as upscale as Regent Seven Seas, however.

You can find out more at www.stlawrencerivercruise.com

Thank you for the recommendation. We realize Regent may be a little more upscale than regional lines, we are more interested in the region, in-depth history and spending more than a day or two cruising the river. I'll check it out.

Also in the same general area, but not on the St. Lawrence, there are 5 day cruises from Kingston to Ottawa on the Rideau Canal.

Haven't sailed it personally, but relatives have and enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I live in Brockville, Ontario which is on the St. Lawrence about an hour from Kingston where the river cruise starts. I have seen the ship pass by and it looks very classy. If you do plan on taking this, I would suggest a Sept./Oct. sailing as the leaves change colour in this area at that time and they are absolutely beautiful along the St. Lawrence River. The stops are a nice mixture of small and large cities. I have looked at it and would like to do it in the future also. If you have any questions about the cities it stops at, please ask and I will try and answer them as I have been to quite a few of the stops. I don't think you would be disappointed in doing this river cruise and the U.S. dollar is very good compared to our CDN $.

I live in Brockville, Ontario which is on the St. Lawrence about an hour from Kingston where the river cruise starts. I have seen the ship pass by and it looks very classy. If you do plan on taking this, I would suggest a Sept./Oct. sailing as the leaves change colour in this area at that time and they are absolutely beautiful along the St. Lawrence River. The stops are a nice mixture of small and large cities. I have looked at it and would like to do it in the future also. If you have any questions about the cities it stops at, please ask and I will try and answer them as I have been to quite a few of the stops. I don't think you would be disappointed in doing this river cruise and the U.S. dollar is very good compared to our CDN $.

Thank you!