Caribbean Princess Menus / Patters

Troll1107

Leaving on Friday to begin the 4-day land (Ireland) / 12-day cruise (Ireland / British Isles) on the Caribbean Princess. Have read previous posts expressing their displeasure with the food on board. Has anyone posted the menus from the cruise? I would like to see how they stack up against past cruises.

Also, has anyone posted Princess Patters or information about which nights are formal nights, what the shows are, what the entertainment is, etc. Thanks for any input.

I consider it to mostly be a bunch of, "Blah, blah, blah..." People love to complain. The problem is that the 99.9% of people who were perfectly happy with their meals and their cruise don't post about it as they don't find it unusual or remarkable. It's the few who love to come here and complain that get the attention.

Just take your cruise and enjoy yourselves. It is almost certain you will have a great cruise despite what the complainers have to say.

I also think that menus or Patters would not actually address any sort of cuisine deficiency. The only time we have had poor food on a cruise was due to a head chef. The regular head chef was off the ship but joined mid cruise. The initial food offerings were no different than usual but not as good. Once the regular head chef returned to the cruise the food improved markedly. If the top person is either not very good or not motivated to get the crew to perform optimally then everything will suffer. The menu can be the same as usual but simply not prepared to your satisfaction. I don't see this as the norm but it can happen. We just cruise and enjoy ourselves and pretty much go with the flow. Unlike some folks a less than great meal or (gasp!) a spot of rust on the balcony doesn't ruin a cruise for us.

If one goes on a cruise expecting bad things they are likely to find them. We always go expecting to have a great time and it seems to have worked out for us.

We'll be on the 6/18 sailing and have the same questions. We'd love to see the current menus, if anyone has them.

OP: Hope you have a great trip!

The menu will be the same as the Princess menu always is. They don't really vary all that much.

i'm curious how the food in the DR is and which pay restaurants we should definaltely try. On the May 25-June6 Kirkwall

Caribbean was recently completely overhauled and there are new venues onboard. Some are actually essentially the same with new names but Steamers (seafood) and Planks (BBQ) are new. Both are open for breakfast and lunch at no extra charge but both do charge for dinner. You can check out information regarding the changes on the Princess site HERE

Or you can just watch the video below:

2Ipb1eIuBY0

As Thrak mentioned, much is different on the Caribbean Princess food wise since dry dock. Also, Club Class Dining is new.

I guess it remains to be seen if any of the changes are for the better. At least we have till January for them to get their act together, right?

Cindy

I guess it remains to be seen if any of the changes are for the better. At least we have till January for them to get their act together, right?

Cindy

Hi Cindy ... Not 'til January. It will be interesting to see what others post between now and then.

Whatever their opinions, we are "Good to Go" for the January 14 day cruise to see for ourselves and feel sure you feel the same. :D

LuLu

As a cruiser that's been on the CB 8 times I think I can make a fair comment. The last two times are the tell 1/26/2015 was a 5 day to Mexico from FLL. We talk to the head Chef Antonio Cereda by chance and he remembered us from previous cruises. He said he was retiring soon.

We always thought he cave the CB the edge over all other princess ships we been on.

Our next time on the CB was 4/20/2017, 14 out of drydock. The current Executive Chef is John Convery. What he has to serve and selection my not be his choice, Stone effect, but I felt it was way off the norm from past ships. They need to totally rethink the World Fresh Marketplace for selection. HC had been getting really good until this cruise. In the MDR service was spotty but ok; however, several meals had to be returned because food was very cool and had sat too long before being served. I had never return a meal in 14 years of cruising yet it happen 4 times on this cruise.

Overall I have to rank the food services on this cruise as the worst I've had on any Princess cruise. I give the cruise and the cruise staff an A+. Room Service was an A+++, thank God.

framer

I just returned from the May 1, 2017 cruise and I agree with the previous poster. Extremely disappointed in the quality and selection in the buffet area. We thought the Crown Grill would be a better experience considering the $29 cover charge and the generally rave reviews from past cruisers. Well... my 8 oz. filet was over cooked ( I ordered medium rare), tough, and almost cold when served. We observed two other couples around us that were sending back their steak so it was not just us who had a bad experience. I have sailed Disney, Royal Caribbean and Carnival and I am sad to say this was the worst cruise food I have ever experienced. Hope they get their act together soon.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is a corrected post. I posted this morning before the coffee kicked in...

As a cruiser that's been on the CB 8 times I think I can make a fair comment. The last two times are the tell 1/26/2015 was a 5 day to Mexico from FLL. We talk to the head Chef Antonio Cereda by chance and he remembered us from previous cruises. He said he was retiring soon.

We always thought he gave the CB the edge over all other princess ships we've been on.

Our next time on the CB was 4/20/2017, 14 days out of drydock. The current Executive Chef is John Convery. What he had to serve and the selection may not have been his choice, Stone effect, but I felt it was way off the norm from past ships. They need to totally rethink the World Fresh Marketplace for selection. HC had been getting really good until this cruise. In the MDR service was spotty but ok; however, several meals had to be returned because food was very cool and had sat too long before being served. I had never return a meal in 14 years of cruising yet it happen 4 times on this cruise.

Overall I have to rank the food services on this cruise as the worst I've had on any Princess cruise. I give the cruise and the cruise staff an A+. Room Service was an A+++, thank God.

framer