Anyone onboard in Europe - Fragrance prices?

Hi Guys!

So I'm sailing on Freedom of The Seas from Barcelona this Sunday (21st May). I'm almost out of my favourite fragrance. Was wondering it was worth waiting to buy it onboard (if they have it at all), or if it'll be cheaper to buy it here at home?

If anyone is on a European sailing at the moment can you check A) if they have it, and B) what the price is? Pretty please?

It's D&G The One (for men). On the high street in the UK it's currently £66 for 100ml (€77 / $85).

Thanks in advance to anyone who's able to help! :*

PRFM-191121.jpg

I can't speak for that cologne exactly. However I did some price checking on a couple perfumes I like and it was maybe 10% cheaper and then no tax. One was just a few dollars cheaper on a 160 bottle.

I will be sailing just a few days after you so no realtime help - sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on Freedom Transatlantic a couple of weeks ago, and they said that once the ship is leaving from Barcelona and NOT GOING OUTSIDE EU AREA which I believe is the situation for the whole summer season this year, there would be Spanish VAT on all prices (i.e. 21% on top). So I would check the prices at the airport first, and maybe purchase there.

Similar has happened to us twice; once out of Southampton and only going to Spain and France, and last year when Rhapsody sailed out of Rome to Barcelona stopping in France and Spain. We did not do a single purchase while onboard other than a couple of photos.

We'll be on Freedom in Oct, so please report back if you find out it's different this year.

I often shop for men's fragrance for my sons when travelling and rarely find it cheaper in Europe - whether onboard or in the airport - than I can find it online at home. Google it and you'll find reputable places where you can buy it for up to £10 less than that.

I often shop for men's fragrance for my sons when travelling and rarely find it cheaper in Europe - whether onboard or in the airport - than I can find it online at home. Google it and you'll find reputable places where you can buy it for up to £10 less than that.

Duty Free is duty free, but it is not Profit Free.

I find that DF prices do vary, but it is a gamble.