Are Standards Slipping? Celebrity Eclipse - May 2017 - President’s Cruise.

Jonah8208

No one has addressed the elephant in the room. As Stephen King points out "the world has moved on". People in the US are reluctant to dress up for anything short of a funeral. I see shorts, jeans with holes and more every Sunday in church; why should I expect the same folks to dress for dinner and a show? My spouse reminds me to keep my mouth shut, keep my opinions to myself and enjoy the meal in the MDR.[emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yeah, we're part of that younger set and we're not fans of loud music either. Cruises are for peace and quiet away from work.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

We are part of the middle aged set and we like upbeat music and even relatively loud music and there's plenty more like us. There's plenty of places on the ship with mellow music. The only places you will find loud music is in the Sky lounge and Quasor, and occasionally in the main foyer. If you don't want to listen to loud music don't go to those venues. Occasionally there is some music by the pool. When the loud music is playing there are usually plenty of people listening and dancing. If you want quiet there are lots of other places to park you backside where it's dead silent. The cruise lines have to try and please all of us, those that want modern music and those that want quiet mellow music. There are areas for both groups to be happy. The people I talk to that are like us have the opposite complaint the musical entertainment on Celebrity is woefully inadequate. Better suited for a funeral most of the time.

To go to the pool deck on a cruise ship and expect silence or elevator music seems absurd to many of us. If you want quite there is a Solarium or the front and aft of the ship.

There are 2000 plus people on the ship, try to remember that not of of them want to listen to the greatest hits of Lawrence Welk:D

We were on 5/5 Equinox and saw shorts, wife beater shirts and baseball caps at bars at night including Martini Bar on one Chic night around 6pm. Torn/ slashed jeans at World Class bar at night. Bars overcrowded too

Celebrity and staff dont appear to enforce their own dress codes. Dont know why they dont just go all casual if this is the case

We had to laugh when a manager onboard told us he felt they hadn't explained the dress codes to the "new" cruisers trying Celebrity for first time. Lame excuse [emoji849]. Staff also told us drunks had fight in MDR during dinner hours one night and security was called in to intervene.

While I agree that many do not dress up these days, your comment about the Martini Bar at 6 is not quite right. There are many of us who do not even think of dining until after 8pm. You might find me at the Martini Bar at 6, still wearing a swim suit and cover up....because I just came inside from lounging on deck. Perhaps I want to grab a Martini before heading to my cabin to shower and don my Tux.

Hank

We just returned from the Eclipse "President's" cruise. Although we enjoyed the cruise I must agree with many of the posts about the loud music. At a few of the evening shows I wanted to plug my ears to reduce the volume! We are Elite and compared our former experience to our latest cruise. The variety and overall quality of the shows has decreased but still entertaining. We found Aqua's Blu dining to be disappointing. The noise level made conversation challenging and the servers were assigned too many tables and although they tried their best they were unable to give the service we've had on previous cruises. A few nights due to the poor menu selections in Blu we chose to eat in the MDR where, believe it or not, was less noisy and the service more prompt. We've booked Aqua for our next 2 cruises but may have to rethink if the extra cost is worth it! With all these complaints we will still choose Celebrity in the future.

While I agree that many do not dress up these days, your comment about the Martini Bar at 6 is not quite right. There are many of us who do not even think of dining until after 8pm. You might find me at the Martini Bar at 6, still wearing a swim suit and cover up....because I just came inside from lounging on deck. Perhaps I want to grab a Martini before heading to my cabin to shower and don my Tux.

Hank

Lovely to hear you wear a tux!