Live from Serenade of the Seas (May 20, 2017 to May 27, 2017 - Baltic Cruise)

Nice. I work in the Seaport so I take a walk to Drydock to see the ships in the summer. Enjoy your first cruise. Hope you are as hooked as we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I also work in the Seaport and live between the Seaport and Southie. I can see the cruiseport from my apartment window ... thinking this won't be the last cruise ...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Is the free serve coffee Lavazza? if it is great, problem solved, no need to bring our own supplies.

Secondly is the tonic water served in the Bars 'Royal Club'? If it is we may need to pick up alternative supplies in Copenhagen.

Haven't been able to figure out what the coffee is - it varies from okay to eh. The tonic is Seagrams.

Haven't been able to figure out what the coffee is - it varies from okay to eh. The tonic is Seagrams.

Thank you Rubyfisch.

If one of the coffees on board is Illy then I'll be a happy cruiser.

Not sure about Seagram tonic, only it couldn't be as bad as the Royal brand that is quite regularly served on the RCI family of ships.

I'm really enjoying your thread, and it is defiantly whetting our appetite for next week

Thanks again.

Went for a run around 6 pm - the track was fairly empty. Very nice views, but my run tracker got very, very confused ... it took into account the ship's movement.e99378e2655a6d63a43308c03bb2e66f.jpg593bf097fbc349891e6104f3145e665d.jpg51403b55fe7fa4357c9045aaec3acfa0.jpg

First formal night. I know it's a rather sensitive subject, but I saw a wide mix of dress. My father wore a navy blazer, shirt, tie, and khakis - and was probably about middle of the road in terms of dress. I only saw one or two pairs of jeans and one or two tuxes. I wore a silk cocktail dress and my mother a slightly less formal dress ans a velvet jacket. I'd say we were also about middle of the road, but there seemed to be less variation for the women.

I got the consume and it was excellent. My mother had the fruit off the children's menu, as she doesn't have a big appetite and found the formal night food a bit fussy. She also got the grilled cheese from children's menu for dinner and seemed to like it. My father and I both had the corvina (which was actually snapper). It tasted great, but was a smidge bit dry. I had the chocolate souffle - also excellent.

Our waiters are fantastic (Julio, with Marco assisting). The first night, my mother asked if the carrot cake was on the menu every night and he said no, but he'd put a piece away for her. Tonight, my mother and I both asked if we could have some asparagus on the side (it was on one of the dishes). As we all enjoyed it, he asked if we wanted it every night - we said we were used to more vegetables. He promised he'd bring us some every night.1a13adaf329411ef079d7078025c0473.jpg1653df2d9ef99c5199dadde0f8412ea7.jpg91a30ce6564b49b3f53117d34e9fc92b.jpg28a38d1fcd870a1829ceefc4f3bf90c8.jpg0aa654025b0af6c670e50f78ffe5ae15.jpga518fef958827ab668d9f7b912060507.jpg

Stockholm - Day 3

Today we arrived in Stockholm. As previously noted, I got up super early, saw part of the approach, went to sleep, and got up again. I've the first one up and have been running up to Park Cafe to get my mother some coffee, yogurt, amd pastries. We have a firm no talking before coffee and she really prefers to eat something light while watching the news. After that, my father and I went to Windjammer and then sat in the open air eating area (with sweatshirts). The mix of food was excellent - there is stuff from a bumch of culinary traditions. We've found the Indian and Chinese options fascinating (can't say the same for the blood pudding).

We headed down to 2 shortly before the expected clearance time and strolled right off the boat. Not of caution - there are two red hop on hop off bus companies - Coty Sightseeing, which comes with the the Stockholm Card is just outside the gate rather than inside (yes, we waited in the wrong line). Ended up taking the boat to the Vasa. The first couple of boats only stop at the Royal Palace and the Vasa. Go early, as it gets mad crowded. We then went to the old town, several churches, and got rather lost trying to find the stop to get back tp the boat. The city is oddly laid out with frankly evil cobble stones that made using a wheelchair very hard.

That being said, it is a lovely city with lots to see (although much is closed on Mondays - not sure the Stockholm card was really worth it).

Sail away was great fun - they had spiked hot chocolate for only six dollars that was delicious, as well as mulled wine that I didn't try. They had salmon chowder and beef stew as well. I didn't try that, but I did grab some scones from Windjamer that were quite good, but there was no jelly to be had.