Live from Serenade of the Seas (May 20, 2017 to May 27, 2017 - Baltic Cruise)

We were on this cruise last year, the week after you. I'll be following this thread and remembering all the fun places last year as we were celebrating oldest son's college graduation. Loved the Serenade. We stayed in Copenhagen two extra days after the cruise and also went to Tivoli in the late afternoon/evening. It is such a beautiful place.

The weather has been lovely today. We wandered around checked out the ship, then changed and went to the main theater show (acrobats) - it was pretty cool, although a little too starving artist and emo angst for me (which is saying quite a lot). Dinner in the main dining room was quite good as well.

I had the eggplant tart, salmon, amd carrot cake. b09ab62fcd82575a8a72f056bb010358.jpgb0a28bb46089f20b63ade41fd9533b86.jpg8cb8295a6a5293e28eac1bc78cfc1a24.jpg3d3bc27e336aac81e27938c080dfb1f9.jpg2db58aa0063292a026a27fdfde3a0cbd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Rubyfisch,

Love the review. We are sailing on Serenade in October. Can you tell me if there are many tables for 2 in the main dining room. Also can you comment on the comfort of the beds. We have heard that the beds are very hard. Any information on the shape of the ship would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to more of your trip. Thank you for taking us along, since I doubt I'll ever get to go.

But, I do know that I want to go anywhere a cruise ship will take me!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am interested in the speed of the internet. Our last cruise was on the Brilliance and the internet was slow. Has the Serenade been updated to VOOM?

All Royal ships have had VOOM for the past year. Some are fast and some are not quite so fast. Brilliance and Serenade have the same not quite so fast service.

Rubyfisch,

Love the review. We are sailing on Serenade in October. Can you tell me if there are many tables for 2 in the main dining room. Also can you comment on the comfort of the beds. We have heard that the beds are very hard. Any information on the shape of the ship would be greatly appreciated.

We are on the Serenade also, and after our first night I can report that our bed is very comfortable. We ate at Chop's last night and it was extremely good. The ship seems in excellent shape. Off to the Meet and Mingle shorty and hopefully will meet Rubyfisch.

All Royal ships have had VOOM for the past year. Some are fast and some are not quite so fast. Brilliance and Serenade have the same not quite so fast service.

It varies from slow to painfully slow, but I am able to post photos ... sometimes.

Rubyfisch,

Very few. I'll take a picture of the floor plans later today and post. I'm in a Pullman bed - so it is what it is. My parents say it is pretty firm, but not rpck hard.

Sarah-

Following from Boston. Are you from MA? I agree that flight was super cheap. We found tickets for our cruise in October for just under $670 RT BOS-LHR then CDG-BOS all on Delta.

Enjoy the trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yup - grew up in Waltham, live in Boston now.