Suite and club dining room

califgary

This excerpt from one of the Club Class FAQs: (emphasis mine)

5. Can a Club Class guest invite their friends to exclusive dining undertheir reservation?

Exclusive Club Class Dining is only available for the guests booked within a Club Class Mini-Suite orFull Suite. Guests who wish to dine with friends, family and other cruisers not booked in a Club ClassMini-Suite or Full Suite are welcome to do so during our Anytime Dining hours in the Main DiningRoom. Guests who would like to book a Club Class Mini-Suite, but would prefer to dine in TraditionalDining can request this change by calling Princess or your travel consultant.[/QUOTE]

...seems to imply that if you are in a Suite but elect Traditional Dining you have "opted out" of Club Class Dining. If you genuinely prefer to dine at the same time, same table every evening you should just arrange with the Club Class Maitre d' to do exactly that in the Club Class section of the MDR. But if the reason you elected Traditional Dining was to have dinner with travel companions not in a Suite or Club Mini, the question of switching back and forth has yet to be answered (at least as far as I have seen) on Cruise Critic.

We experienced Club Class dining for the first time on Ruby Princess several weeks ago in a mini-suite cabin. Based upon our varied schedule during the cruise we sometimes ate early, sometimes late. Regardless, each night we were seated immediately with the same (excellent) waitstaff every night (as well as at breakfast and at lunch). So it was kind of like having the best of both fixed/anytime dining. Additionally, since you are in a suite, you have the additional option of ordering from the dining room menu and have it delivered to your suite.

We experienced Club Class dining for the first time on Ruby Princess several weeks ago in a mini-suite cabin. Based upon our varied schedule during the cruise we sometimes ate early, sometimes late. Regardless, each night we were seated immediately with the same (excellent) waitstaff every night (as well as at breakfast and at lunch). So it was kind of like having the best of both fixed/anytime dining. Additionally, since you are in a suite, you have the additional option of ordering from the dining room menu and have it delivered to your suite.

We are sailing Princess for the first time this September. I think my wife will really like Club Dining. Dining choices on HAL, traditional or anytime just never gave us the flexibility of dining time and consistent staff we prefer. I hope this experiment moves to HAL soon.

Dennis

Assuming you are not traveling with others that are not in a Club Class Cabin, I think you will really enjoy Club Class Dining and should probably forget about your 6pm fixed seating. By the way the 6pm time will probably really be 5:45 or 5:30.

With Club Class Dining you can walk in anytime you like, you can dine at a table for two or share a table, you can ask for the same waiters if you like. Beside better service, there are also extra menu options. Club Class Dining is open for breakfast and dinner each day and lunch on sea days. Being in a full suite you will probably like the exclusive suite breakfast held every day in either Sabatini's or the Crown Grill depending on the ship.