Travel agency prices with no perks better than Celebrity's

corakari

I have searched threads but was not able to find anything on this. We booked a 2018 cruise directly with Celebrity a couple of weeks ago - the cabin automatically included the Classic beverage and $300 OBC, no other options. I have only booked one other cruise with Celebrity and did it all online. But looking at a warehouse travel site we recently joined, I see they have the same cruise, same category listed for substantially less than our booking. It appears it does not include the perks. However, the price is much much less than the "value" Celebrity assigns to our perks and also includes a nice cash card plus a speciality dining perk. My question is will they be able to transfer the booking, keeping the same cabin, just eliminating the perks to get the better price for us? We have paid a deposit and the balance is still outstanding. Also, if I transfer the booking, what can I do on the Celebrity website - book excursions, specialty dining, etc? Or will these things have to go through the travel company after the transfer? Thanks in advance for any info!

I have searched threads but was not able to find anything on this. We booked a 2018 cruise directly with Celebrity a couple of weeks ago - the cabin automatically included the Classic beverage and $300 OBC, no other options. I have only booked one other cruise with Celebrity and did it all online. But looking at a warehouse travel site we recently joined, I see they have the same cruise, same category listed for substantially less than our booking. It appears it does not include the perks. However, the price is much much less than the "value" Celebrity assigns to our perks and also includes a nice cash card plus a speciality dining perk. My question is will they be able to transfer the booking, keeping the same cabin, just eliminating the perks to get the better price for us? We have paid a deposit and the balance is still outstanding. Also, if I transfer the booking, what can I do on the Celebrity website - book excursions, specialty dining, etc? Or will these things have to go through the travel company after the transfer? Thanks in advance for any info!

you can transfer the booking to an agency if you made it in the last 60 days and you are only in deposit.

alternatively if you're only in deposit, you can just cancel it and get the deposit refunded and book with the agency with the better deal.

if you do it that way and want the same cabin, ask the agency to waitlist it for you before you cancel the existing booking and then when it comes back into Celebrity's inventory the agent can grab it.

you will still be able to do everything in the cruise planner as normal, except make final payment online, you have to contact the agency for that.

hope that helps!

If you are within the 60 period to transfer it is very possible that the TA can get it transferred and then reprice it without the perks. Check with the TA, ours transfers our bookings from X and it is an easy process. No need to cancel & rebook.

With celebrity I've found significant savings by booking with online TA's; haven't found that to be the case with other cruise lines however.

Once you transfer your booking you won't be able to make any changes to your actual booking without going through your TA. So includes canceling, price adjustments, cabin changes, etc. you will be able to make 'add on' purchases directly through celebrity however; ie, shore excursions, dining reservations, beverage packages, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just for comparison, you might also wish to check Celebrity's price for your cabin class with zero perks. At least with the old website you could almost always find a lower price for a 55+ or residence or military fare with zero perks by clicking on an other discounts link in the window where you select the Go Big or Go Better perks.

Thanks all, very helpful. I did try to price it on the old website with other offers to bypass the perks. It automatically added the two perks and priced the same (actually it priced higher as the cabin is already going for more than we paid). It never showed the Go Better, Go Best options, just Go Better with Classic Drink and OBC. Actually, I could not even book the cabin directly. I had to choose Inside, then upgrade. I found this quirk on several cruises I tried to price for 2018.