S class cabin question

maxsales

As you can see from the deck plans, they are both balcony cabins on the angle of the hump, which means their balconies will be larger than the balconies on other cabins in the same category not on the hump. The balcony of 7215 is the largest (the first and third cabins off the straight part of the hump have the largest cabins), while the balcony of 9211 will still be larger than normal, but just not as large as the balcony of 7215.

7215 has the bed by the balcony, while 9211 has the bed by the bath. Obviously, 9211 is higher.

They are both in great, very convenient locations in terms of fore to aft on the ship. One thing I'd want to research in terms of 7215 is where the smoking areas are on the port side of Deck 5.

Hope that's helpful.

How can you tell where the bed is located in your cabin? (Eclipse)

Bed locations alternate. Any cabin with a symbol for 3/4 berth will have the bed by the bath, because the sofa and upper bunk will always be by the balcony. So the cabins on either side will have the bed by the balcony. It becomes more difficult when you get to aqua class, when the cabins are for two only...EM

We had 9211 on the Reflection. Loved this cabin. So convenient for the elevators and yet still very quiet. The balcony was larger than normal which we loved and we had wonderful views. Bed was by the bath if that's important to you. We've never stayed in a cabin with the bed by the balcony so can't comment about that part. That will change in couple of months when we sail in 8228.

I'm surprised you didn't find my review in the spreadsheet. I thought I gave quite a lot of information.

I don't think you would be disappointed with either of these cabins.

We were in 9211 on Eclipse back in 2011. I would go for higher with the smoking section right below you on Deck 5. Deck 9 is in a great location for going up & down especially if you and Carol decide on using the stairs. :)

We were in 9211 on Eclipse back in 2011. I would go for higher with the smoking section right below you on Deck 5. Deck 9 is in a great location for going up & down especially if you and Carol decide on using the stairs. :)

Thanks, Mike, I was interested in the balcony size difference between the two cabins. Any input on that?

Thanks, Mike, I was interested in the balcony size difference between the two cabins. Any input on that?

Not that significant if it is just the two of you. The larger one is around a foot or so longer in depth. We also like the bed by the bath so willing to forfeit the extra foot if staying on that side.