Crown change of itinerary.

crows nest club

Beautiful walk from Santa Margherita to Portofino along the water. That's what we did from Genoa last year. Then take the ferry back. Not a bad port switch.

Looks like a good switch. Unaware of that when in Genoa last year.

On Crown in April and we had a problem while docking. In attempting to dock there was some shallow area that was unknown. We changed dock location- which caused some delay. Captain told us about the problem later- and said that divers had to check the ship for damage.

Could be the same issue- or the Captain just didn't want to take a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

was lucky enough to stay for a week in Santa Margherita Ligure on a business conference a few years back, lots of great walking straight from our hotel, my favourite was the marked footpath through the hills at the back of the town which went through to portofino it was about 1-2hrs, but you walked past some beautiful villas and the Hotel Splendido, before turning the corner and looking down over the harbour, a sight I will never forget. a quick walk down the hill and through the town. a couple of Birra's at the Harbour and then caught the bus back (buy tickets for the shops before you get on only a couple of euro)