Spoken Language Barrier concern

NCL Baltic Sea cruise. Can we presume that on the ship the primary language will still be English? We begin the cruise in Copenhagen and will likely arrive early to see the sites. Again, we have little experience in the area and I wondered if our limitation to English might cause us problems. Thoughts?? Thanks.

NCL Baltic Sea cruise. Can we presume that on the ship the primary language will still be English? We begin the cruise in Copenhagen and will likely arrive early to see the sites. Again, we have little experience in the area and I wondered if our limitation to English might cause us problems. Thoughts?? Thanks.

As far as I know, English is always the main language on NCL, no matter where the ships are. I've only been on NCL once, but in my cruise experience on NCL and RCCL, many of the staff also speak at least two languages (not necessarily your language). Even though you might not speak perfect English, people give their best to understand you :)

English is always the primary language on NCL Ships (not on the Joy, but NCL advertises that) even on European Cruises.

Most of the Western and Northern Europeans speak English and for those who don't there are people from guest service who speak i.e. German, French or Spanish and help those people if help is needed.

Don't worry, you will have no problems getting along :)

Again, we have little experience in the area and I wondered if our limitation to English might cause us problems. Thoughts?? Thanks.

Limitation to English in Denmark a problem? Even the (voluntarily) homeless speak English here... get your Kroner ready :D

Limitation to English in Denmark a problem? Even the (voluntarily) homeless speak English here... get your Kroner ready :D

Lots of kroner needed

We stayed in the raddison $300 for dinner needles to say we went someplace else

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am sure even the Russians that you come into contact with will speak English. After just getting off of the Epic I thought that there was too much English. Local languages and dialects are amazing, I wish I spoke more than just Chinese, English and Spanish. Don't worry if someone says something to you just answer in English odds are they will probably switch languages for you.

You haven't lived until you have been on a Costa ship and attended the Ventriloquist show in five different languages :'):'):') - What a talent - We were howlin (for all the wrong reasons poor man!).......

But even on Costa - the first language spoken is English - even before Italian.

NCL - English (varieties of!) all the way.

Just speak slower, louder and waive your arms while you speak.

We stayed in the raddison $300 for dinner needles to say we went someplace else

While in Reykjavik; Iceland is as expensive as Norway; we ate in a restaurant close to our hotel. The cost of the main, which was all we "could afford", was the equivalent of USD70. So there are places that have "normal" charges. We did find a bakery that produced beautiful food but that was quite expensive.

English is the language of NCL. You will find that in most places you visit in Europe that the vast majority of the people you interact with will have a working knowledge of English. There is no need to be concerned .