Anyone else affected by the Princess Double Payment Fiasco/Hack ???

Clio1610

They have clearly retained CC details (illegal here in UK) & have today taken full payment - for the 2nd time - for our Regal cruise which we paid in full in April :mad:

CC Company cannot 'block' payment going through as it is apparently 'authorised' :mad:

Well - it has NOT been 'authorised' by me !!!!!!!!

Now TA tells us it is going to take about 7 WORKING DAYS for refund !!!!!!

& Now I find out that P & O plus Cunard passengers are also affected too !!!

I AM FUMING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have clearly retained CC details (illegal here in UK) & have today taken full payment - for the 2nd time - for our Regal cruise which we paid in full in April :mad:

CC Company cannot 'block' payment going through as it is apparently 'authorised' :mad:

Tell your bank it's not Authorized & is Fraud!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Tell your bank it's not Authorized & is Fraud!

Fraud seems to be a bit strong... it's obviously a systems glitch, and yes, a bad one. But I'm sure the folks at Princess/P&O/Cunard didn't have a meeting, rub their hands together gleefully and plan to double debit their guests accounts. And, since it affected all three brands, it's probably a third-party glitch... their credit card processing company.

Fraud seems to be a bit strong... it's obviously a systems glitch, and yes, a bad one. But I'm sure the folks at Princess/P&O/Cunard didn't have a meeting, rub their hands together gleefully and plan to double debit their guests accounts. And, since it affected all three brands, it's probably a third-party glitch... their credit card processing company.

Having spent 30 years in Banking the word Fraud is "almost" the only word banks understand and take seriously ;)

Are you sure it's a Princess thing and not a TA issue? I'm a bit confused over what the issue is.

It's the Credit Card Processor issue, they have an IT issue. It will get worked out and the people really being hurt are those who used a debit card attached to their day to day household banking.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2501297

It is not against the law, they are allowed to retain them for a reasonable amount of time, I myself would suggest that would be till the end of your cruise.

This is the email I received yesterday from Princess.

Important Information: Payment Processing Error

I want to inform you that we have been notified by our third party payment processor that they incorrectly processed a pre-authorisation transaction yesterday against your card. This has been reversed overnight. As a consequence, no monies have been taken from your account. We apologise if this had caused you any concern or any inconvenience.

We are able to confirm that this was not a result of a security breach and that no personal information has been compromised.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, we recommend in the first instance you contact your bank who has been made aware of this situation. If they are not able to resolve the matter, we recommend that your bank contacts Elavon Merchant Services

At present nothing has been taken from our bank account.

I have £800 pending on my bank switch card and £156.31 pending on a credit card. Contacted Princess who asked me to contact bank. Both banks were unaware of issues with Princess cruises and are unable to do anything till next week as amounts are still pending. My contract was directly with Princess...They have my credit card details stored for my onboard account but do they have the authority to hold on to my switch card details??? Cruising in less than 3 weeks....won't be able to do any more holiday shopping till this error has been sorted :mad:

I have £800 pending on my bank switch card and £156.31 pending on a credit card. Contacted Princess who asked me to contact bank. Both banks were unaware of issues with Princess cruises and are unable to do anything till next week as amounts are still pending. My contract was directly with Princess...They have my credit card details stored for my onboard account but do they have the authority to hold on to my switch card details??? Cruising in less than 3 weeks....won't be able to do any more holiday shopping till this error has been sorted :mad:

They don't have your switch card details, the card processing company they use does. And they are able too retain your details for a reasonable amount of time, which I would presume would be till the end of your cruise.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

They will likely have it all sorted out next week then you can finish shopping for your trip!

Edited by JVilleGal