Unauthorised Transactions today - Princess Cruises

maximusas

Just happened to look at my credit card and on two credit cards we have previously paid with Princess have applied (pending transactions) to take over £500 between them.

Phoned them and they have said that payments made in March appear to be being reclaimed and it is a system error.

Told me to phone my bank too but assured me they would refund it if it came off. Phoned the bank and they said until it fully debits then they can't do anything.

Double check your credit cards!!!!

We always check our credit card purchases. Thank goodness you used a credit card & not a debit card. I'm sure they'll straighten it all out.

That's our practice as well. We also get notification from Captial One and LifeLock if they see something unusual.

Checked our account and yes they have taken things twice.

Phoned Princess and they said all three brands are affected, P&O, Cunard and Princess. Also said that it seems that it is the March transactions. Ours was, I had paid on the 3rd March this year and the same invoices have come up again.

Bank cannot do anything at present because they are only pending transactions.

Lets hope they get their act together today.:(:mad:

Not sure if it impacts all types of payments. I made a final payment in February of the cruise fare, but in March three separate payments, one for gratuities, and two for Specialty Dining. Neither of those transactions appears to have been implicated.

Fed up, have waited all day and it's highly unlikely that the pending transactions will drop off before Monday now. Have just retweeted their Tweet 5 hours ago to Sky and BBC News. Absolutely ridiculous. Thankfully we aren't reliant on our credit cards as I'm sure some will be stuck for money this weekend.

Not happy at all !!!!! I tried to withdraw cash from an ATM this evening to be told I have insufficient funds. Phoned my bank who tell me there is a pending amount of £2958 to be paid to Princess from my current account (which I paid on 3rd March). Can't access any funds and if taken will make me seriously overdrawn with penalty charges. Have tried to phone Princess but just hear a recorded message saying they are aware of the problem and have no updates on resolution at present. Sort this out Princess .... and fast!!!!

Absolutely ridiculous! To be honest, its highly unlikely it will be back on your account before at least Monday. On the phone to them again not that I think we'll get anywhere. Imagine the money that is sitting in their bank account right now - should we all buy some shares lol

Not happy at all !!!!! I tried to withdraw cash from an ATM this evening to be told I have insufficient funds. Phoned my bank who tell me there is a pending amount of £2958 to be paid to Princess from my current account (which I paid on 3rd March). Can't access any funds and if taken will make me seriously overdrawn with penalty charges. Have tried to phone Princess but just hear a recorded message saying they are aware of the problem and have no updates on resolution at present. Sort this out Princess .... and fast!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Imagine the money that is sitting in their bank account right now - should we all buy some shares lol

Zero $ extra in their accounts would be my guess. Pending charges to your card certainly doesn't put cash in their account AND, credit card companies take FOREVER to actually pay the funds to the recipient in order to increase their cash flow and offset the fact that you don't pay the credit card company the instant a charge goes through.

AE_Collector

Yes I have 3 pending transactions originally paid in March repeated on my credit card totalling £960, 2 for Princess and 1 for P&O - will wait to see what happens

Sandra

Thanks for the heads up. Just checked my account and no extra charges so far.

I charged a deposit in Feb so if it does pop up a pending charge it won't be as big of a deal for me but I can see where this could make for some upset/angry consumers.

Yes I have 3 pending transactions originally paid in March repeated on my credit card totalling £960, 2 for Princess and 1 for P&O

Logged in this morning and they have credited 2 out of the 3 so far - all 5 transactions still pending though.

Sandra