Carnival Prices ?

So your selection is beating a dead horse rather than agreeing to disagree. Noted.
The horse is only dead once you realize that stateroom sailor provided two examples of when Celebrity was cheaper than Carnival when comparing a bare bones no perks inside cabin and I provided two examples when Celebrity was cheaper when you chose an OV cabin with two perks.

I will agree with you that in general, Celebrity is a higher grade product than Carnival, and is priced higher accordingly, but there are always going to be exceptions to the rule and stateroom sailor and I each provided examples of those exceptions. Bare bones inside wise, and OV perks included wise.

Example One:

San Juan Departure 4/14/18 & 4/15/18

Celebrity Summit OV 877 includes 150 OBC and drinks package

Carnival Fascination OV 576

You pay 300 more for Summit, but you get 150 back in OBC and a drinks package for a week for the extra 150, if you don't drink, pick tips. And the Summit is a 5.0/6.0 rated ship, while the Fascination is 3.5/6.0

Example Two:

Miami Departure 3/31/18 Eastern Caribbean

Celebrity Equinox OV 974 same perks as above

Carninal Glory OV 751

After 150 back, you get the drinks package for only 75. Equinox 5.5/6.0 Glory 4.5/6.0

Example Three:

Miami Departure 3/24/18 Western Caribbean

Celebrity Equinox OV 974 same perks as above

Carnival Glory OV 751 same as above

Three different itineraries with the first comparison being about equal but on a much nicer, newer ship and the second and third are cheaper and also on a nicer, newer ship.

Exactly!

I have cruised Celebrity Summit out of San Juan in a December an a January sail date, and both times the Celebrity fare for myself as a solo inside cabin was less than Carnival's inside cabin fare.

I stopped sailing the Fantasy class ships about 10 yrs ago because I thought they were old then. The Summit was a well maintained ship and I loved the indoor large thallosso Pool and hot tubs.

Celebrity's basic fare may be more expensive in other months, but when their fare includes packages that you pay extra for on Carnival, the difference is about what you would pay extra for being on a better ship.

The horse is only dead once you realize that stateroom sailor provided two examples of when Celebrity was cheaper than Carnival when comparing a bare bones no perks inside cabin and I provided two examples when Celebrity was cheaper when you chose an OV cabin with two perks.

I will agree with you that in general, Celebrity is a higher grade product than Carnival, and is priced higher accordingly, but there are always going to be exceptions to the rule and stateroom sailor and I each provided examples of those exceptions. Bare bones inside wise, and OV perks included wise.

Me too....🤔