Fiumincino hotel to cruise port

Dymt

I know it's likely be asked and answered but I'm having trouble finding anything but airport transfer information.

My husband, son and I are staying at Hotel Seccy in Fiumincino one night prior to our cruise. Need recommendations for transfer from hotel to port.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi,

get a quote from more than just one company, the price can be a lot different. I did contact the company recommended above and they want 250 euros to transfer 8 of us from the FCO airport to Civitavecchia port. I read many excellent reviews about some other companies on the TripAdvisor and booked a company that got their Award of Excellence. Their price 150 euros for the same service..

If you do not care about the cost the above recommended company has many followers who just love them. I would like to book with them but not willing to pay what they want.

Hi,

get a quote from more than just one company, the price can be a lot different. I did contact the company recommended above and they want 250 euros to transfer 8 of us from the FCO airport to Civitavecchia port. I read many excellent reviews about some other companies on the TripAdvisor and booked a company that got their Award of Excellence. Their price 150 euros for the same service..

If you do not care about the cost the above recommended company has many followers who just love them. I would like to book with them but not willing to pay what they want.

I got a quote for 190 euros. Our hotel just responded and can get us a car for 120 euros. Posted on our roll call for share as well. Still holding out for a small group shuttle like yours. It would be much less expensive (we definitely want to save where we can)!

Wieslaw - We are in the same position, needing a transfer to Civitavecchia next Saturday 27th and were given the name of a company called Travelonline.org who have quoted €115 Rome FCO airport - Civitavecchia for 2, but each time I try to book I get a message saying that the website is not properly configured and insecure and so I am reluctant to enter credit card details etc. Could you please let me have the name of the company you booked with?

Also if anyone has used Travelonline successfully in the past then I would be glad to know about it!

Wieslaw - We are in the same position, needing a transfer to Civitavecchia next Saturday 27th and were given the name of a company called Travelonline.org who have quoted €115 Rome FCO airport - Civitavecchia for 2, but each time I try to book I get a message saying that the website is not properly configured and insecure and so I am reluctant to enter credit card details etc. Could you please let me have the name of the company you booked with?

Also if anyone has used Travelonline successfully in the past then I would be glad to know about it!

Hi marama,

the company that I booked with does not require a credit card for the booking. I actually contacted them two weeks ago and offered to prepay. They responded right away to informed me that I may do so using paypal but it will cost 5% more to cover the cost of the transaction that they have to pay from their end to the credit company. They told me they are happy to get pay with cash at the end of the provided service. They do not charge for cancellation but appreciate if one lets them know about a cancellation .

I did not use their service yet ( my cruise is in July) but I am relaying on the hundreds of reviews listed on TripAdvisor.

Here is the link to that company:

http://www.civitavecchiatransferlimo.com/index.html

You will also find a link there to the comments and reviews - perhaps you might read some of them and see if you like them

When I did the booking ( email) they asked for a phone number that they can reach me ( in case if they need to ) and a flight number so they can see if the flight is late and they will wait, also they will know what terminal you will arrive at, so they know where to wait.

All of that will be explained in the confirmation that they will email to you. They also do tours - that what I read, but I only need them for a transfer. Their price was right for me.

Edited by wieslaw

We have used http://www.romeshuttlelimousine.com several times and will be using again later in the year. They charged 110 euros between the airport and the port. If transferring from the port they required a deposit (presumably since they have to travel all the way from Rome and would not wish to be stood up). The balance (and the full amount when travelling from Rome to Civitavecchia) was paid to the driver by credit card.

Wieslaw thank you for the quick reply, I will be looking them up straightaway.

Bobal, I've also made a note of your recommendation - thank you as well, I figure that you can never have too many tips!

I know it's likely be asked and answered but I'm having trouble finding anything but airport transfer information.

My husband, son and I are staying at Hotel Seccy in Fiumincino one night prior to our cruise. Need recommendations for transfer from hotel to port.

Thank you!

The Port of Civitavecchia now has a "shared shuttle transfer" available which runs around 30-35 eu per person each way. They will shuttle you from FCO to the Port (or back) and from Rome to the Port (or back). They pick you up at your hotel! Scroll down the page to see groups that still need people (up to 8 max) to share that ride. Or start your own group (which others may join).

http://www.civitavecchiaport.org/sha...-service/#join

We're hoping to share a Rome to Port on Aug 31st (pick up at your hotel) at 11am.

Also hoping to share a Port to FCO on Sept 10 (pick up at the ship) at 8am.

The Port of Civitavecchia now has a "shared shuttle transfer" available which runs around 30-35 eu per person each way. They will shuttle you from FCO to the Port (or back) and from Rome to the Port (or back). They pick you up at your hotel! Scroll down the page to see groups that still need people (up to 8 max) to share that ride. Or start your own group (which others may join).

http://www.civitavecchiaport.org/sha...-service/#join

We're hoping to share a Rome to Port on Aug 31st (pick up at your hotel) at 11am.

Also hoping to share a Port to FCO on Sept 10 (pick up at the ship) at 8am.

This is fantastic!!! I just sent them an email to find out if they'd pick up from multiple hotels in Fiumicino and the airport for one shuttle. Hope to hear something soon. Thank you so much for the information!

Wieslaw thank you for the quick reply, I will be looking them up straightaway.

I figure that you can never have too many tips!

Hi marama,

If you do use the service of the company that you asked about, please let 'us' know - how did they do ?

I/we have two bookings with them and plan on using their service ..... unless some 'bad' reports start showing up.

Thanks

Wieslaw, I got an almost instant reply and booked very easily. Will certainly send feedback, but impressed so far!

Hi Joolsverne,

Hey that is a good news, I also got a very quick reply from them when I booked. But the main test for us will be when the actual transfer takes place. Based on all what I read on TripAdvisor every thing should be fine and the cost is what I wanted to pay. I am surprised that I have not seen any reviews on CC. Several months ago I asked on this forum about them and nobody responded with any comment.

Hi marama,

If you do use the service of the company that you asked about, please let 'us' know - how did they do ?

I/we have two bookings with them and plan on using their service ..... unless some 'bad' reports start showing up.

Thanks

Wieslaw, we are now on Encore with slow wifi (:() so just a quick post. A big thank you for your recommendation in post no.8 on this thread. Antonio Cagnoli & Son AKA Civitavecchia cab service as per your link are great! Tonio met us very promptly at our hotel with a Mercedes Van, a very nice man with good English. Make sure you print out your voucher as it helps him to identify you. His rate was the lowest we were quoted. He explained that the company was established by his Father and Tonio now runs it with his own son. He took us right to the ship in about 50 minutes (from the airport). He explained that you need around an hour and a half from the centre of Rome. He also does tours around and out of Rome so we will certainly bear him in mind for next time. Many thanks once again for a great recommendation - 5* service!

Wieslaw, we are now on Encore with slow wifi (:() so just a quick post. A big thank you for your recommendation in post no.8 on this thread. Antonio Cagnoli & Son AKA Civitavecchia cab service as per your link are great! ........... so we will certainly bear him in mind for next time. Many thanks once again for a great recommendation - 5* service!

Hello marama,

thank you so much for your report. I am happy that you booked them and got a good service at a reasonable price.

I did print the vouchers and will have them with me.

I am surprised that they have a slow wifi on the Encore - that is a new ship, and I believe it is rated as a 6 star.

Enjoy your cruise and have fun.

I do appreciate that you came back and provided the report / comments about Antonio Cagnoli & Son. I did not know that they AKA the other name that you provided. So far I just see good comments about them.

Happy cruising ...... about 5 more weeks to our cruise.