Some sad news to share!

I am at work today but I do have some very sad news to share. My daughter Sarah's (she's 16 and a junior in HS) very close friend and who she runs track with -her father died this morning of a massive stroke. He was only 47 years old. Both his girls run track one is a junior and one a freshman. I could have just cried I feel so bad. This is such a nice young family with such good girls. He was never sick a day in his life and now whenever they have Thanksgiving they will remember it was this day their father died. Please in the happiness of today please say a prayer for this family and my daughter (she is taking it very hard). Sorry to dampen the spirits of today but just had to share. Thanks so much! :(

Thanks to all of your for your kind thoughts, it is difficult. Perhaps this is not the right forum for this topic however I have met some good friends on this board and I just was just looking for some comfort. I consider you guys part of the family- sorry if I offended anyone. Have a nice day

I can understand you wanting to talk to someone and maybe in the feautrue you can call some support group or family IMHO.

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion so here is mine.

DivaofDisney,

This terrible loss shows us all how one life can effect so many others. Your daughter will not only feel the pain of his passing but will be aware of his daughters (her friends) pain. I am not good with words. But IMHO you did not offend me. Sometimes we all just need a kind word to help us through some rough moments. You will be in my thoughts today.

next door neighbors' son, who we watched grow up, killed in car wreck driving back to college at end of thanksgiving weekend 3 yrs ago. senior, passenger in his car unhurt physically, was his brother, a freshman who had followed his older brother to the same college. and there are more tragic aspects, some eerily coincidental, that i'm leaving out. this is not a tit for tat, this is a way of saying I know what OP means that the meaning of thanksgiving is altered permanently for the affected family. as at a jewish wedding where a glass is broken, and one interpretation of that symbolic ritual is that even at the times of greatest joy we must remember the sorrows that will be in life, and so to savor the things for which we are thankful, here are wishes for this family to survive and continue and not let dreams die, and may their future thanksgivings not only be a time when they will reflect on the 47 yrs of blessings their father/husband had, but to also have lived in a way to think how proud he would be on how they carried on. may they have many such sources of pride in the future.

Diva,

I totally understand your need to reach out...I think the emotion is very human...our need for support during a shocking time.

When Hurricane Charlie (Category 4/5) suddenly turned and was approaching Punta Gorda, Florida (where my sis and recently widowed Mother had just moved to) I could do nothing to help but I posted on this board and ask for everyone's prayers. I felt so helpless, but everyone's comments were very soothing and I felt the support.

My thoughts are with the deceased' family and your family...it is a terrible time. I hope you will find a way to help your daughter and her friend in their grieving and recovery.

Deb

Diva,

It is very understanding of your need for comfort today. For yourself and for your daughter. It is a very sad thing to happen anytime, never mind on a holiday.

Our prayers go out to the poor family who have had such a tragic loss.

May God be their comfort and strength. May we all be truly grateful for the gift of life.

Kate.

I lost my brother this past Oct., on the 13th, one month to the day before his 45th birthday. It was very hard on our mom, no parent should ever have to bury a child. There were 5 of us and he was the youngest. Also very difficult to understand is that he was schizophrenic and was cheated out of so many of lifes blessings. Watching those who attended his wake and funeral was a real eye-opener for me because I saw how he touched so many people that we were unaware of. On this Thanksgiving day I am most Thankful for the years we did have with him and for the lessons that I've learned from his life. May we all appreciate and accept each other, faults and all. And may he finally rest in peace.

No one knows better than I do how the friends on this board are supportive in our times of need. When my nephew died almost 2 years ago I was here on the site telling all of my friends, and everyone was so nice to me. Well, except one, they said why was I wasting my time online when I shoud be with my family ( but I had stated in my post that I was the one who had to deliver the sad news in person to my Mom, his grandmother, and I did not want to wake her in the middle of th night, so I was waiting for morning). So we are all here for you!

So I add to the condolences, we were at a funeral for a friend last week who had an aneurysm, he was 51 and had just moved into a house he had built to his specs two weeks before. His wife was in total shock. These times can be so hard, hang in there!

no one can really feel what the family is going through I am sure. yes, Thanksgiving will always remind them of their loss but as was said, hopefully in years to come they will be able to give thanks for the years they were with him. My husbands cousin lost her son to a car accident when he was returning to college after Thanksgiving about 20 years ago. She lost her mother and uncle the same year. Time has a way of helping us heal.

NMnita

Just a note to say thank you to all of you for your many kind words and special thoughts. It means so much to me and my daughter. We are supposed to cruise next week and it will be hard to try and enjoy it knowing our friends are going thru a hard time. But, fortunately life does go on and we will go and try and have a good time. Thanks again so very much. You guys are the best!

My thoughts are also with you and this family!

I wondered why this was a place you would mention this...I realized that the people here are a kind bunch and allow/ accept that we all need to have a place to "talk". How cool is that!?

Thank you everyone for proving that once again.

Be well all!

MAO:)

I am at work today but I do have some very sad news to share. My daughter Sarah's (she's 16 and a junior in HS) very close friend and who she runs track with -her father died this morning of a massive stroke. He was only 47 years old. Both his girls run track one is a junior and one a freshman. I could have just cried I feel so bad. This is such a nice young family with such good girls. He was never sick a day in his life and now whenever they have Thanksgiving they will remember it was this day their father died. Please in the happiness of today please say a prayer for this family and my daughter (she is taking it very hard). Sorry to dampen the spirits of today but just had to share. Thanks so much! :(

I can't remember the exact verse but I read it at my dad'sfuneral several years ago - For every thing there is a season - a time to live and a time to die - A time to rejoice and a time to cry ...... It was this time last year that my daughter's MIL started slipping away from Cancer and on Christmas day entered the hospital not to return and died several months later. At least he did not suffer.

Life is full of the un expected - one has to carry on as tough as it may be - my thoughts and prayers to you, your daughter and her friend and her family at this time of sadness - may his memory be a blessing to his family for all time

My Dad died of a heart attack on my sister's birthday. On the upside, exactly one year and one day later, my daughter was born. She was the joy that took us all out of our depression.

Hopefully, your family and friends can find the strength you need to get through the holidays ahead. One day we all have to deal with tragedy. Just that sometimes we forget what real tragedy is until something like this wakes us up. We should all live every day like it is our last--because we never know when it really is.

Archived